ship manifests from Italy to South America

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nazca3366

ship manifests from Italy to South America

Postby nazca3366 » 24 Mar 2008, 04:45

I am trying to find out where I can find ship manifests from ships departing from Genova to Peru, or South America in general. The only ones that I found are the ones leaving to the U.S. Any suggestions? I couldn't find any at the LDS Family centers.

Ana

Italdescent

Re: ship manifests from Italy to South America

Postby Italdescent » 26 Mar 2008, 02:07

You might want to try this site:

http://www.genealogylinks.net/europe/it ... -ships.htm

Is it possible your family immigrated to Brazil or Argentina before going to Peru? If so I have more sites, pertaining to groups that immigrated to Brazil.

Erbogi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Erbogi » 27 Mar 2008, 17:10

I do have one great-grandfather of whom my grandmother always said that he went to Brazil. I've been looking for clues on the net, but haven't found any thus far. I'd really appreciate those links if you have them!

Thanks!

Eric

Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Cathynap » 27 Mar 2008, 17:37

Unfortunately the records from Brasil are not great. But there is a site that lists some records of Italians entering Brasil and Argentina. You have to register at this site but it is free and they do not spam you. Go here:
http://213.212.128.168/radici/ie/defaultie_e.htm

nazca3366

Postby nazca3366 » 28 Mar 2008, 05:36

Thank you so much for all your help; For what I heard, my family went to Peru, straight from Genova. Does anybody knows if in Genova they kept a record for people who left the country?

Ana

Return to “Italian Genealogy”