Things are getting confusing! Rescigno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Things are getting confusing! Rescigno

Post by lilbees »

I recently acquired several death certificates and SS Applications. I now have another area to search for my great grandparents and their records.

On one death certificate is stated the place of birth of my great grandfather and great grandmother was Palermo. I was fairly certain that they were from Roccapiemonte and had some documentation which I thought confirmed that.

But will now have to track information in Sicily to see if there is any truth to the new information. I have also found other Rescigno's being born 1882 n Carlentini, Sicily. My grandfather was born 1883 in, I thought, Gabes, Tunisia. Over the months, I have learned that the Prelature in Tunis is not able to find the birth records of the first 4 children of my great grandparents (including my grandfather). I do have the birth/baptismal records for the last 4 children.

Any suggestions as to what films I may order from the FHC. I have nothing more than the listing of Palermo. Do not know if it is Palermo itself or towns around it.

Thank you for any suggestions.

lilbees
TonyCamp41

Re: Things are getting confusing! Rescigno

Post by TonyCamp41 »

Better late than never in responding!

Although not blood related to the Rescigno family, I am connected via marriage.

I have my tree on Ancestry (dot) com and it is open. I have documents attached to most of the folks listed.

Let me know if you need assistance in locating my tree.

It is the Campanella Family tree.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Things are getting confusing! Rescigno

Post by Italysearcher »

Often when a family returned from outside of Italy with children born in another country, the births of these children were registered in the town records. Usually in the year that the family returned, NOT the register of the year they were born.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.