Alberto Faranda

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
leonafaranda

Alberto Faranda

Postby leonafaranda » 09 Apr 2008, 03:35

I have been researching my family name and found some interesting items on the manifest from Ellis Island. My grandfather, Alberto Faranda, came to the US from Sicily along with Leone Faranda. I am looking for more info on Leone Faranda and Anna Faranda. Leone settled in Philadelphia around 1934.

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Alberto Faranda

Postby Biff83 » 09 Apr 2008, 12:35

Hello and Welcome to Italian Genealogy!

For reference, here's the previous thread on Alberto Faranda.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... ic/t=7199/

We'll check to see what we can find about Leone and Anna. Do you have a birth year for Leone and Anna? Did they initially live in Ohio? This will help since there are a number of records for a Leone/Leon/Leo Faranda with different birth years.

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 09 Apr 2008, 12:51

1912 manifest for a Leone Faranda, born about 1874 going to Cleveland to join brother Alberto. Nearest relative in Italy, wife Caterina Ciaci?. Last residence and birth place, Sinagra. Line 3.
Page 1
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2509 ... 912ce9.jpg
Page 2
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7553/zltf6.jpg

What relation is Anna to Leone?

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

kecurroj

Postby kecurroj » 13 Sep 2010, 05:00

Biff,
Per the post I started regarding Alberto Faranda (http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... ic/t=7199/), this Leone Faranda was going to Cleveland to stay with his brother Alberto. They both list their hometown as Sinagra, Sicily, but Leone came to America in 1912 and Alberto came in 1913. Leone also seems to be about 20 years older than Alberto, so I'm thinking that they're not brothers and possibly not from the same Faranda family. But again, with both of them coming from Sinagra, the possibility of them being related are pretty good.

Do you have any information that would dispel or cooberate this theory?

Thank you
Wilson

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 13 Sep 2010, 09:49

hi, maybe the Leone Faranda joining at brother Alberto Faranda, cannot related to your Alberto Faranda ( b. 1897);
another Alberto Faranda( b. abt. 1889, Sinagra) came in USA in 11 jun 1910, Batavia ship, final destination Cleveland OH also; 22 aged, mother Antonia in Sinagra; and joining at Francesco Faranda brother in 1244 Mansfield Road Cleveland, OH;

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Alberto Farañda
Name: Alberto Farañda
Arrival Date: 11 Jun 1910
Birth Year: abt 1889
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: jensegra
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Batavia

So maybe the Leone Faranda born in 1874 was the brother of this Alberto Faranda...

just a suggestion,
all the best,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

kecurroj

Postby kecurroj » 18 Oct 2010, 05:18

Suanj,
Alberto's father's name was Vincenzo and he was born in 1868, so he could not be Leone's father as he would have only been 6 years old when Leone was born.
It is possible that Leone and Vincenzo were brothers or cousins. The fact that both Alberto's came from Sinagra, and since Sinagra is a small town, this would make the possibility of Leone and Vincenzo being related more sound.

Thank you
Wilson

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 18 Oct 2010, 09:54

yes I just said that Leone Faranda born in 1874( Biff finding) could be the brother or related in some way at a Alberto Faranda born in 1889 ( suanj finding) because the final destination is the same: Cleveland OH; but obviously Faranda is a popular surname in Sinagra and maybe they are all related in some way, and not just brothers; regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

vitanza

Postby vitanza » 25 Feb 2011, 22:07

hello i'm patrizia vitanza, i'm the wife of Francesco Faranda.
Flats in Pavia, near Milan.
but we are in Sicily.
by people we know that you are looking for the origin of your family.
My husband's mother, Faranda benedetta blessed is the nephew of Alberto.
if you want to contact us for more information makes us piacere.saluti
Regards, francesco and patriziavitanza.patrizia@gmail.com

Return to “Italian Genealogy”