Help Looking for Luigi Gaudio Ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
papaintfairy

Help Looking for Luigi Gaudio Ancestors

Postby papaintfairy » 21 Apr 2008, 00:44

I have been looking for several years for Luigi Gaudio Family, the information I have is from Ellis Island passenger list He came to the united states in 1905 at age 16 it says last Residence was Mendicino Italy I know his Fathers name was Luigi Pasquale Gaudio and his Mother is Rose Callabar, I know all about Luigi am looking for Info on Mother and father and any brothers and sisters or any other ancestors, any help would be greatly apperciated, We don't even know Luigi's Birthday, only born abt 1889 from the ship records. again Thank you for any help
Peggy

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Help Looking for Luigi Gaudio Ancestors

Postby BillieDeKid » 21 Apr 2008, 13:40

Hi Peggy,

LDS has microfilms you can order to view. Mendicino has civil records 1809 through 1910. Birth, death, marriage etc. You should be able to find what you're looking for.

Write down the films you'd like to order.......
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... o+civile++

Find a Family History Center (FHC) and go in to order your films.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Cost is approximately $5.50 USD and take about 4 weeks to receive.

Hope this helps.
Elizabeth

mena_rose_nella

Postby mena_rose_nella » 12 May 2008, 01:42

papaintfairy wrote:I have been looking for several years for Luigi Gaudio Family, the information I have is from Ellis Island passenger list He came to the united states in 1905 at age 16 it says last Residence was Mendicino Italy I know his Fathers name was Luigi Pasquale Gaudio and his Mother is Rose Callabar, I know all about Luigi am looking for Info on Mother and father and any brothers and sisters or any other ancestors, any help would be greatly apperciated, We don't even know Luigi's Birthday, only born abt 1889 from the ship records. again Thank you for any help
Peggy

mena_rose_nella

Postby mena_rose_nella » 12 May 2008, 01:46

My father's name was Luigi Gaudio, born in Mendicino in 1925. He passed away in 2004 but has two sisters and a brother in Vancouver, BC, Canada who could possibly help you with this information.

luigau

Postby luigau » 04 Dec 2010, 16:49

papaintfairy wrote:I have been looking for several years for Luigi Gaudio Family, the information I have is from Ellis Island passenger list He came to the united states in 1905 at age 16 it says last Residence was Mendicino Italy I know his Fathers name was Luigi Pasquale Gaudio and his Mother is Rose Callabar, I know all about Luigi am looking for Info on Mother and father and any brothers and sisters or any other ancestors, any help would be greatly apperciated, We don't even know Luigi's Birthday, only born abt 1889 from the ship records. again Thank you for any help
Peggy

My name is Luigi Gaudio and my father, Tonino was born in New York 6/4/1910. His Father was named Luigi Gaudio and went to USA in 1905. My Father came back to Italy (Mendicino) in 1922 and died in Cosenza 16/11/1991. His Father (my grand Father ) died in New York in 1945. But in Mendicino at the moment there are at least 55 Luigi Gaudio, so I don't know if my grand father is the person you are looking for.

jenstar9

Postby jenstar9 » 06 Dec 2011, 05:29

Is your grandfathers name Pasquale Gaudio and was he married to a Rose Callabar?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”