Cemeteries in Trabia and Termini Imerese...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Cemeteries in Trabia and Termini Imerese...

Postby Quiksilvez » 21 Apr 2008, 10:43

Someone just told me that there is only one cemetery in Termini Imerese which is called Campo Santo... Is it corrected? I could not find it in the internet...

And also I was told that there is only one cemetery in Trabia... What is the name of that cemetery?

Re: Cemeteries in Trabia and Termini Imerese...

Postby pink67 » 21 Apr 2008, 10:55

Hi Mark,

here in Italy the Cemetery is usually also called "Campo Santo" (holy field)....
So you can serch for Cemetery too...

Laura :D

Comune Di Termini Imerese
Cimitero Comunale
Termini Imerese (PA) 90018 - VIA PALERMO
tel: 091 8112936

Re: Cemeteries in Trabia and Termini Imerese...

Postby Marlena » 01 Dec 2011, 08:44

The cemetery in Trabia does not have a name but is across the street from the S.S. Della Grazie church on Via Giuseppe La Masa. The grave keeper building has the inscription, " Confraternia del S.Sepolcro e Maria S.S. Addolorata".Not sure how that translates. They do not keep grave sites indefinitely, the families must pay to keep them cared for. Otherwise, they are removed. I have seen this first hand. They do not keep records either! I have some pictures from my visit there two months back.
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”