Pacelli family from Onano and Rome

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pauldamian

Pacelli family from Onano and Rome

Post by pauldamian »

I have been researching the family of Pope Pius XII (Eugenio Pacelli 1876-1958) for more than 10 years. I have found a lot of information about the family, but I am always keen to locate more. Can anyone help find information about Eugenio's family, the family of his mother, Virginia Graziosi and the family of his father, Filippo Pacelli.

Many thanks,

Paul
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pacelli family from Onano and Rome

Post by dragoni »

paul:

is filippo's line from rome and onano only? if they are from other areas i have a database of sorts for pacelli lines from san salvatore (benevento) for the period 1700+/- to 1860.

tom
pauldamian

Post by pauldamian »

Dear Tom,

Filippo was, as far as I can tell, born in Rome 1 September 1837. Filippo's father, Marcantonio (1804-1890) arrived in Rome around 1819. Again, as far as I can tell, the Pacelli's had lived in Onano from the mid-18th century at least. They may have originated from San Salvator, but so far I have been unable to locate any further information. I'd be grateful for any help you might be able to offer. I did try the Roma State Archives and got the details for the immediate family - Filippo, Virginia and the 4 children.

Many thanks,

Paul
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

paul:

the 1450 pacellis i have traced are from san salvatore for the time period 1700 to 1860. sounds like different family trees for sure given the time frame at which you are looking. of course each pacelli line claims to be related to the pope regardless.

if you send me an email i can send the database i created. it doesn't look like it would be of use though. good luck.

tom
pauldamian

Post by pauldamian »

Dear Tom,

pauldoshea@iprimus.com.au is my home email.

I'll send back the family tree table I have put together.

Regards,

Paul