Help Translate death record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Patti_B

Help Translate death record

Postby Patti_B » 22 Apr 2008, 18:06

I received a copy of a death record for Barbara Vico dated April 4th 1844. I know that her spouse was Panfilo Fecca. Her mother was Lucia Pizzanio and her father was Giovanni Vico. There are some other names (Domenica di Paolo and Giuseppe D'Intino) mentioned in the beginning of the document and I would like to know of their connections.

I would appreciate it if anyone could translate the Italian into Engish for me.

I hope the file is readable. It is in Jpeg format.

JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: Help Translate death record

Postby JohnArmellino » 22 Apr 2008, 18:58

Domenico di Paolo, age 60, farmer, and Giuseppe d'Intino, age 27, farmer, were witnesses to the death record. No relationship to the decedent is provided. Sometimes witnesses knew the decedent, but other times they were civil employees or simply other people in the office when the record was made. Occasionally, you will see that a witness had presented his own record immediately prior to or after the record that he was witnessing.

To my eye, it appears that the decedent's name is Barbara di Vico and her parents are Giovanni di Vico and Lucia Gizzanio. However, I'm not familiar with the surnames common to Roccacasale.
John Armellino

JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: Help Translate death record

Postby JohnArmellino » 22 Apr 2008, 19:23

I checked out the Surnames in Roccacasale at italyworldclub.com and found the surnames di Paolo and Gizzonio. The was no di Vico or Vico listed. However, the Surames in Italy search engine at italia.indettaglio.it returned three di Vicos in Abruzzo but no Vicos.
John Armellino

Return to “Italian Genealogy”