colosso surname from Ivrea .Torino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lino43

colosso surname from Ivrea .Torino

Postby lino43 » 25 Apr 2008, 14:34

Does any body out there have any information.Regarding the Colosso family.From Ivrea.Torino. Specifically Giovanni Colosso c1890 left army in 1917 came to u.k. same year.
Or could anybody recogmend a site where I can order his WW.1 Military record.
lino43

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Re: colosso surname from Ivrea .Torino

Postby Seraphina » 26 Apr 2008, 13:47

Hi Lino43,

Here is the website for Italian records in which you will find the section for Military records.

http://www.archivi.beniculturali.it/. There is a link to provincial archives sites. It might help you if you know the regiment G Colosso served in.

Good luck

Seraphina

lino43

Postby lino43 » 26 Apr 2008, 15:36

Hi Seraphina
Thank you so much for the information .G.Colosso was my grandfather all
I know is he was in an Infantry regiment.Also that his brother was killed in action .I think at a place called Isonzo.
Once again many thanks
Regards Lino 43

spiderpigv3

Postby spiderpigv3 » 21 Feb 2010, 16:51

Hi there!
I am portuguese, and my family name is Ferrero-Aprato. My father is from Ivrea, Piemonte. If you can, lino43, please send me a message, i would be happy to share with you my family tree (wich includes Colosso's) and some old photos of our family. Please send a message to my account.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 21 Feb 2010, 17:18

The military records canbe obtained froim the ARCHIVIO DI STATO in Torino Province. Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.htm for CONSCRIPTION RECORDS. Since there are 2 addresses send you might want to send an e-mail to AS-TO.segretaria@benicuturali.it and ask them to refer your request and spell it out for them as per below

If you wish to obtain records of any family in IVREA then go to
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html
www.tuttitalia.it/piemonte/60-ivrea for address under MUNICIPIO

There are no form letters for military records but youcan alter a form letter to read ARCHIVI MILTARE DI....... (military record of........, Nascita=birth date or year and Nati a=Born in..

=Peter=
~Peter~

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » 13 Jul 2010, 00:38

Think that Giovani Colosso was my Great Uncle. He was the older brother of my Grandmother Marietta, (Maria), who joined him in the UK together with a youger sister, Eda. The brother killed, just before the armistice, I believe, was Uncle Lorenzo, who had a photo of my mother, (also Eda), in his pocket when he died, which was returned to the family. I can, vaguely, remember Uncle, 'Johnny', who was maried to Aunty Guila. The family, at that time, were all living in Newport Mansions WC2. The oldest brother, Uncle Michaele, had also emmigrated, briefly, to the UK with his wife, Bettina, and their daughter. They did not enjoy the experience, and returned to Ivrea, where their son nd his family still live, quit close to Canton Ferrera, where they orginated, (the daughter, Louigia, remained in London, and was raised alongside my mother and her sisters). I think that Giovani and Guuila had one son, Aldo, and I recollect playing with his son when small, (I believe his name was Hadrian). The yougest of Marietta's daughters would have more information, and is still in contact with the Ivrea branch of the family.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 13 Jul 2010, 01:21

Dear Lino did you request his conscription files as directed from Italy? You made an inquiry and have not heard from you since then? =Peter=
~Peter~

lino43

Postby lino43 » 13 Jul 2010, 08:09

This is amazing GIOVANNI Domenico Colosso .c..1890was my grandfather and Aldo Colosso my my father.Adrian is my half brother.
I have managed to get Giovanni's w.w.1.military record and have copy I have also traced the Colosso family back to 1798.my Nonno's brother who was killed in w.w.1. name was Natale'I have a Colosso site on Ancestr .I have waited so long to find relatives this is a wonderfull break throughy.co.uk with birth and marriage certificates going back to 1798 also with family pictures in England and Italy my mother married Aldo in 1943.They divorced and he remarried in 1950 he remmarried in 1950 and I have 2 half sisters Paulette and Angela.Adrian is from his third marriage he was born 1957.
My email adress is lino 1943@yahoo.co.uk please contact me.I have waited so long for so long to find relatives from my fathers family .Your post is a wonderfull surprise.
Lino Colosso

lino43

Postby lino43 » 13 Jul 2010, 08:43

Deidre
Sorry about the jumbled reply.I was just so excited with your posting
I have calmed down now.This is the same Colosso family .My grandfathers brother who you mention was killed just before Amistice name in Italian was Natale anglasised to Richard he is commemorated on the war memorial in the Italian church in Holbourn.His other brother Michele did not go back to Italy but died in england in 1927 he is burried with my great grandmother Marta Colosso nee Ferrero-Aprato who died in 1941 in Finchley london.
As I said in my garbled previous posting I have a Colosso family tree at Ancestry.co.uk with lots of pictures and documents going back to 1798
I remember Aunty Marietta and her daughter Louisa.Antie Ida and her son Henry at Newport Mansions.
Aldo married mum in 1942 I was born in 1943.They divorced and he remarried in 1950 had 2 daughters Paulette 1950 and Angela 1952.Divorced and he remmaried again and had a son Adrian in 1957
I am in contact with all 3 half siblings.Once again sorry for my garbled response.Lino

lino43

Postby lino43 » 14 Jul 2010, 22:37

Thank you to all for your help in this matter
Lino

Return to “Italian Genealogy”