Cognome: Pronat

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Cognome: Pronat

Postby Seraphina » 25 Apr 2008, 15:59

I am researching the family of my grandmother in Pinerolo - surname Pronat.

So far, I have progressed back as far as my great great grandfather - Giovanbattista Pronat, born in 1808. I know that he is buried in the main cemetery in Pinerolo, and on his death certificate he is stated as having been a wine seller, but within my family it was always understood that all the males were in the military, going back generations.

My great grandfather, Carlo, the youngest son, was in the military, and had four brothers and three sisters, about whom I can find nothing. (Although I do know a little about 1 sister, but I don't know which sister it is).

The Registrar at Pinerolo has been most helpful and was able to tell me the names of GB's parents - Bartolomeo Pronat and Maddalena Valla, but couldn't help me beyond that.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to where I can either find out about Carlo's siblings, or his parents.

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Cognome: Pronat

Postby BillieDeKid » 25 Apr 2008, 17:21

Hi and welcome to the forum. LDS have alot of films for Pinerolo here is the list of films for military records 1791-1900
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... o+di+Pin++

Find a Family History Center (FHC) near you and go in to order the films you want to view. Cost is about $5.50 per film and takes about 4 weeks to receive. Link to find an FHC
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Hope this helps.

Elizabeth

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cognome: Pronat

Postby Seraphina » 26 Apr 2008, 12:47

Thanks for the Military records information, Elizabeth.

I have already searched on these records at my local Centre, but had no luck.

I also applied to the local Diocese for details of the parents of GB Pronat, but they said they couldn't help with records earlier than about 1810.

Anyway, I'm sure something will turn up eventually.
Thanks again.

Seraphina

Return to “Italian Genealogy”