Total Stand Still. Surname MASI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Wolfmyjic

Total Stand Still. Surname MASI

Post by Wolfmyjic »

Hi. I'm at a total stand still. I'm looking for info on the surname MASI.

I know that Nicholas MASI came to the USA before 1920s. He married Loretta and had two children by 1920 census.

I don't have ANYTHING else to help me with where he came from, other than that and that he 'might' have a sister named Nicolet (spelling?) and that his surname could have possible been DeMasi before coming over.

Any help ANYBODY might could offer would really help. Thanks!!

~Wolfy~
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are about 40 Nicola Masi and 12 Nicola De Masi in the ellis island records but perhaps a review of those that fit in with your date lines may prove helpful. The research may be difficult but it can also be rewarding. Peter
AMC

Re: Total Stand Still. Surname MASI

Post by AMC »

Wolfy, I just referred another member to a magazine article, which seems coincidentally timely (divine guidance?). The magazine is NIAF Ambassador, Summer 2003 issue, and the article concerns a barber shop founded by Bruno DeMasi who came from Calabria almost 40 years ago. An obvious time difference from your ancestor's arrival, but the point of origin--Calabria--might be a place to look.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear AMC how old are you? Peter
verena

Post by verena »

Hi Wolfy,
Are you still searching the Masi family? I might be able to help. Contact me.
Verena
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Verena what are you up to ?? You are flooding this forum with your obviously business genealogy and not an individual looking to research their personal familiews. This is not a forum for genealogy consultants....take a walk if you are in business. Peter
verena

Post by verena »

HI Peter,
there is no buisness. I am asking for and offering information. Isn`t that what a message board is for?
Verena
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I notice you do not answer when I ask you your age?????????????????????? This forum is intended to assist people by teaching, directing and explaining so they can conduct their own research into their own family. You do not know that much and are interfereing young lady. Peter
verena

Post by verena »

Thanks for that compliment on "young lady". I am 46. How old are you? AND - Peter, WHO ARE you? I don`t think I am interfering. The things you tell me are things I already know. I want to go further, but seems you are attempting to stop me. You can`t. Others are more cooperative. You seem to be the only one that is using the board to profile yourself. If you don`t like my notes then please just don`t answer my notes anymore.
Verena
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you are 46 then you are not too swift in genealogy so may I suggest you take a course in genealogy and then get back to me. You know little> Peter
Lilliana

Post by Lilliana »

Wolfy, I am new to this site and was intrigued by your post as my maiden name is DeMasis. My grandparents were from Villa Santa Maria, Spoltore. I don't know if there have been any changes in the spelling of the names but it is interesting. Lilliana
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I believe you are in the wrong posting since there is no wolfy here. May I suggest you send aprivate message and exchange information. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Wolfmyjic wrote:Hi. I'm at a total stand still. I'm looking for info on the surname MASI.

I know that Nicholas MASI came to the USA before 1920s. He married Loretta and had two children by 1920 census.

I don't have ANYTHING else to help me with where he came from, other than that and that he 'might' have a sister named Nicolet (spelling?) and that his surname could have possible been DeMasi before coming over.

~Wolfy~
Hi Wolf: sure Masi surname is real.. In Italy is very diffused in all region.. Your ancestor Nicola Masi probable misspelled on ellis island, or just spelling, but for better search, please let me known other data, exemple: first name of first son Nicola(normally as first name of father Nicola)... also, marital status of Nicola in emigration's year..more:possible maiden name of Loretta..ny info are very important!!! Regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Wolfmyjic wrote:Hi. I'm at a total stand still. I'm looking for info on the surname MASI.

~Wolfy~
Hi Wolf: sure Masi surname is real.. In Italy is very diffused in all region.. Your ancestor Nicola Masi probable misspelled on ellis island, or just spelling, but for better search, please let me known other data, exemple: first name of first son Nicola(normally as first name of father Nicola)... also, marital status of Nicola in emigration's year, final destination, probable age, probable family's surname associated..more:possible maiden name of Loretta..any info are very important!!! Regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Raffaella questa qua Lillliana no dovrebb'essere in qusto foro. Wolfy e una persona che questa lillliana ha tentato communicare non e che vuoleva una risposta da noi vuoleva una risposta da quelle sc... piu sopra. Sta mischiato e meglio lasciare qui nel vento girando girando. Peter