Italian Passports

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
debbth

Italian Passports

Postby debbth » 01 May 2008, 17:41

Has anyone sent for a copy of their ancestors passport? Where do you send for it? I would think the application would be most helpful as it would have extra information on it. The manifests I have for their entry into Canada have their paaport numbers on them.

Does anyone know what a "British Vice Capulate" is? I have new information that my grandparents visited there 18 March 1922 after they were married 9 Mar 1922. This was before they were leaving Italy to come to Canada.

My grandparents are Sebastiano Viale and Concetta Scomparin from Melma (now Silea), Triviso.

Thanks for any help you might provide,
Debbie
Happy hunting everyone! I wish you all great success!

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Italian Passports

Postby elba » 01 May 2008, 19:42

debbth wrote:Has anyone sent for a copy of their ancestors passport? Where do you send for it? I would think the application would be most helpful as it would have extra information on it. The manifests I have for their entry into Canada have their paaport numbers on them.

Does anyone know what a "British Vice Capulate" is? I have new information that my grandparents visited there 18 March 1922 after they were married 9 Mar 1922. This was before they were leaving Italy to come to Canada.

My grandparents are Sebastiano Viale and Concetta Scomparin from Melma (now Silea), Triviso.

Thanks for any help you might provide,
Debbie

"CAPULATE" isn't an English word... I wonder if what you think is British Vice Capulate" is in fact the British Vice CONSULATE....

I could be wrong - but who knows?
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"

misbris
Master
Master

Postby misbris » 01 May 2008, 20:30

Our members from Canada would know best, but I believe that in the early part of the 20th century Canada was still under British control. They probably needed a visa from the British Consulate to travel to Canada.

As Elba said, "I could be wrong-but who knows"

debbth

Postby debbth » 02 May 2008, 04:15

Thank you Elba and Misbris,

I was thinking the same thing about it being a Consulate and you are right in saying that Canada was part of the British Commonwealth in those days. i just thought I would check on this forum. I didn't want to assume in error.

Thanks again,
Debbie
Happy hunting everyone! I wish you all great success!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”