Marriage records--Naples?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EDempster

Marriage records--Naples?

Postby EDempster » 01 May 2008, 20:04

I'm trying to find more information on my great-great grandparents, Teresa Gianfrancesco and Luigi Corsini. They came to New York in 1900 from Naples. I assume that they were married between 1872 and 1877, probably in Naples. Does anybody know who I would write to to obtain their marriage certificate, or have any suggestions for other records that might be valuable in tracing the family back further? (There was no family status certificate on file for them in Naples.)

Thanks in advance!

-Emma

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Marriage records--Naples?

Postby misbris » 01 May 2008, 20:12

Hi Emma and welcome to the forum,

Are you sure that they are from the city of Naples? Naples is also a province with many towns or comunes. Do you have their Ellis Island manifest? That should pin down their town of birth.

EDempster

Re: Marriage records--Naples?

Postby EDempster » 02 May 2008, 00:08

Hi,

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately, before the 1910s the manifest only listed last residence (which was recorded as Napoli, which I assumed meant the city), not place of birth, but on several of their sons' WWI draft registration cards place of birth is listed as Naples. I'm not sure how much people moved around back then, but there's probably a pretty good chance that all of their children were born in Naples.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”