Struggling with Italian Source Citation

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mcamp60

Struggling with Italian Source Citation

Postby mcamp60 » 03 May 2008, 15:17

Hi,

This is a pretty specialized request but I would appreciate any input.

I was hoping some one could assist me with the correct format to cite an Italian civil birth record. I found it for one of my ancestors on microfilm from the FHL library. I also have a photo and digital copy.

BTW - I don’t need translation help but rather how to correctly cite the source brith record. My basic understanding for citing sources from FHL microfilm are to cite the source document first then add the FHL microfilm into. The only problem is I am not sure how to do the source.

Here is the info I have from the 1863 Nascita (Birth) Act Resister for Vincenzo Giaimi. The birth record is in long form Italian, numbered 71, and covers two pages.
The cover page of the book that has all the Birth records for 1863 starts with...
Provincia di Messina
Circondario di Mistretta
Mandamento di Pretore
Comune di Tusa
Restrio
There is a volume number but I can't read it

Within the book is the Atto di Nascita record number 71 for Vincenzo Giaimi that contains all the information gather by the Mayor of the town (Tusa).

Here is my best attempt so far but it doesn’t seem right.

Thanks to anyone who provides help.

Mark

Vincezo Giaimi Birth Record [Photocopy of long form in Italian] Atto di Nascita [Birth Act] no. 71 [covers two consecutive pages] (1863) Registri dello stato civile, volume no. ????, Tusa, Messina, Sicily, microfilm no. 1604525 items 1-2, frame ???, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah

Return to “Italian Genealogy”