Raco/Bumbaca/Albano Families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
smvargo

Raco/Bumbaca/Albano Families

Postby smvargo » 05 May 2008, 02:52

hi,

I am doing research on the Raco/Bumbaca/Albano families who settled in Hillsville, PA, Connellsville, PA, Campbell/Youngstown Oh, and near Sheridan, Wy. My great grandfathers were Carlo Raco and Rommero Albano. They married sisters, Carmella Bumbaca and ? Bumbacca who died in Italy. My great grandfather Albano emigrated from around Reggio Calabria accompanied by his 8 yo daughter, Faustina, in 1913. Faustina (Mary) was my grandmother who married Carlo Raco's son, Joseph. So my grandparents' mothers were sisters. In the early 1920's the family moved to Dietz 8 Wyoming, a coal town near Sheridan. My mother, Dora Raco, was born in Wy in 1922. By 1924, my grandmother and grandfather moved to Youngstown (Campbell, Ohio).

If you have any info or are related to these families, please let me know. I have many old family stories to share and I'm sure there is so much info I don't know.
Stephanie

Return to “Italian Genealogy”