D'Errico family from Mt. St. Angelo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
momjodes

D'Errico family from Mt. St. Angelo

Postby momjodes » 17 Jul 2003, 01:11

Hi! My great grandparents brought their family from Mt. St. Angelo to Canonsburg, PA on 3/30/24 on the Conte Rosso ship that landed in Ellis Island, NY.

I am just starting to search for more information on the family. My great grandfather's name was Consalvo D'Errico, wife, Libera Maria Totaro D'Errico, their children; Consalvo, Maria Luigia, and Giovanni.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated, I don't know where to look next. Thanks!

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 17 Jul 2003, 01:36

Mt. St. Angelo? I assume you mean Monte San'Angelo, Postale 71037, Provincia Foggia, Puglia region. Since Monte San'Angelo is located in southern Italy where civil records were recorded in the first decade of the 1800's (1803-5) when it was part of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. Any reocvrds prior to that period are in the local churches where baptismal,marriage and death records were recorded. If you go to the home page of this website and read about Italy genealogy you will then get a clear idea of hopw far back you can research. Suffice to say you can go back to the 17th century in church records. prior to that you can only rely on historical records of certain families, ususally nobility. If youi are serious about conducting research you can purchase a book called Italian Gneelaogical rRecords by Trafford R. Cole. lots of luck Peter

ericderrico
Rookie
Rookie

Re: D'Errico family from Mt. St. Angelo

Postby ericderrico » 09 Jul 2010, 23:13

Just curious if you've had any luck in your further research to this topic. I'm doing genealogy myself on the D'Errico's in Puglia, and any information would be helpful in your experiences!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”