Picture of my 2xG Grandfather, Francesco Bottini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
meticulousmobile
Rookie
Rookie

Picture of my 2xG Grandfather, Francesco Bottini

Postby meticulousmobile » 12 May 2008, 20:31

I've been told this picture is of Francesco Bottini, my 2xGreat Grandfather, and also the first of my italian ancestors to come to the USA. I still don't know where he came from, but I'm sure he was northern, and I'm going with Lonate Pozzolo until I can prove myself wrong. My question is on the writing at the bottom of the picture. It appears to be the photography company name and address, but says Chicago. I don't have any reason to think he ever left Boston, where he was a fruit peddler in the North End. Does anyone have experience with this old photo company, or had any luck finding records or negatives from such companies? Any advice would be great, thanks!
Researching Pennella, Liuzzi, Bottini, Casella, LaPosta, Defeudis, Gaudet, Gallant and Parant.

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: Picture of my 2xG Grandfather, Francesco Bottini

Postby JamesBianco » 13 May 2008, 02:14

I suppose you have already seen his October 1st 1885 Boston marriage to Pasquelina Bartuci. It says he's the son of John and Catherine.

He was 37 at this (his first) marriage!

meticulousmobile
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Picture of my 2xG Grandfather, Francesco Bottini

Postby meticulousmobile » 13 May 2008, 18:27

Yeah, I've seen most everything, unfortunately none of it says where he came from. The only thing I couldn't find for sure is an immigration record, he came in either 1875 or 1885, according to different sources.
Researching Pennella, Liuzzi, Bottini, Casella, LaPosta, Defeudis, Gaudet, Gallant and Parant.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”