Ufficio di Stato Civile or Servizi Demografici

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
legnoduro
Veteran
Veteran

Ufficio di Stato Civile or Servizi Demografici

Postby legnoduro » 15 May 2008, 01:31

I have addressed my envelopes with Servizi Demografici. Should they have been addressed to Ufficio di Stato Civile? Will this be a problem for me? I have used the correct street address for the office of each comune just not sure of the title.

Legnoduro

legnoduro
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ufficio di Stato Civile or Servizi Demografici

Postby legnoduro » 15 May 2008, 15:54

Is there anyone who can give me a contact who might have the answer to this question? I have three more letters to write and I would like to avoid any postal delays.

Thank you,
Legnoduro

Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Postby Poipuo4 » 15 May 2008, 20:29

I think either one will do. It is like writing a letter to city hall in the US> If you just address it to city hall, it will make its way to the right department, especially if your town is small. I usually just write my enevelopes to the Ufficio Stato Civile. If I know that a particular town has a Servizi Demografici office, then I go with that. Either way, I think you are safe just addressing it to Ufficio Stato Civile (unless you are writing to a very large city like Rome, Naples, etc...)

If you look on my web page under genealogy and also my links page, I have some links to the LDS guide to Italian genealogy, which may be a good thing to take a look at.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia

legnoduro
Veteran
Veteran

Postby legnoduro » 15 May 2008, 20:38

Thank you Poipuo4! That's what I thought, but with all the horror stories told about delays caused by simple mistakes I wanted to avoid what I could. Thanks for your advice, I will address the others to the Ufficio Stato Civile of the comune.

Legnoduro

Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Postby Poipuo4 » 15 May 2008, 20:39

My pleasure ;)
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia

Return to “Italian Genealogy”