Surnames: D'Angelo, Cimilio, Thommasino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mla1205

Surnames: D'Angelo, Cimilio, Thommasino

Postby mla1205 » 15 May 2008, 16:57

Looking for information on D'Angelo from Piaggina.

My grea-great-grandfather Carmine came to America in 1910. His wife (Thomassino) and his 2 children, Angelo (married Cimilio) and Filomina, came over in 1920.

I know there are 2 D'Angelo's still living in Piaggina, but I don't know if there is a relation.

How can I get birth records from Piaggine to find Carmen's and hsi wife's parents?

bgracyjr

Re: Surnames: D'Angelo, Cimilio, Thommasino

Postby bgracyjr » 16 May 2008, 02:32

Hello:

I went to Piaggine last summer to do research on site which was a painful process in that the local official is not very incented to help you. I highly recommend Joe De Simone who is in Avellino to do the research onsite for you. He has other resources like the Salerno regional archives which also have information. He has done outstanding work for me and accompanied me on the trip to Piaggine and Sacco. Joe's website and contact information can be found at www.avellinorental.com. By the way, I met a Cimillo who was staying at the same agriturismo. More information on my trip to Piaggine can be found on my blog at http://www.historicaltownmaps.com/wordpress/?m=200802 and a picture of me and Giuseppe Cimillo at Le Grazie can be found at
http://www.historicaltownmaps.com/wordp ... 03&paged=3

Best,
Bernie Gracy

mla1205

Postby mla1205 » 18 Jul 2008, 16:29

Thank you!

Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Postby Edmondo » 23 Jul 2008, 14:09

Currently I am digitizing the archive of Valle dell'Angelo (once called Piaggine Sottane), a village next to Piaggine.

The archive in Piaggine is in very bad condition. It is not that the local official (Felice di Perna) does not want to help but he is affraid the pages will break when they get touched.

I too can recommend Joe de Simone who can do research for you in the "Archivio di Stato di Salerno".
Tandem fit surculus arbor

Return to “Italian Genealogy”