SABBADINI Research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sabba

SABBADINI Research

Post by sabba »

Hello,

I am Felipe SABBADINI and look for information about my lastname. My great-grandfather was Francesco SABBADINI, born in 09/03/1881, and emmigrated to Brazil, Caxias-do-Sul in 1884, with his parents Francesco SABBADINI (same first name) & Carolina LODI SABBADINI, and sisters: Maria, Libera and Benvenuta. They all came from the Province of Mantova, but don't know the village - my biggest challenge since I've started.

Their age when arrived in Brazil were:
Francesco - 36
Carolina - 31
Maria - 9
Libera - 7
Benvenuta - 6
Francesco - 3 (my great-grandfather)

After doing some research, I found a Francesco SABBADINI, who might be my the father of my great-grandfather, born in 24/03/1848, Gonzaga, Province of Mantova. His paretns were: Luigi SABBADINI & Cecilia GHIDINI SABBADINI.

Please write me <felipe.sabbadini@jci.com> if you have any information, they will all be very welcome.

Thanks for your attention,

Ciao, Felipe
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Sabbadini is an alteration of the basic surfname Sabato along with other variations. The surname is based upon the the day of the week. The surname is ancient surname dating back to the 8th century AD in the form of the latin Sabatinus or Sabbatinus. This is what you wanted to know and if you wish additional information please advise. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

On the chance that you did not mean your last name but are interested in researching your family then if you go to www.paginebianche.it and insert the word PARROCCHIA in the first line and Gonaga in the third line and then click CERCA. This will give you the three churches in Gonzaga to whom you can write and ask for a baptismal record for your great grandfather. Peter
sabba

Post by sabba »

Thanks for your reply and information. Peter, if you have information about families with these last name, could kindly provide me.

Thanks again for your help. Felipe
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I do not conduct researxch. My job is to direct you to appropriate websites so that you dop your own research and to addresses to whom you should write for additional information and documents. Peter