HELP IN GENOVA - FAMILY RICHIERI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
carlarichieri

HELP IN GENOVA - FAMILY RICHIERI

Postby carlarichieri » 24 May 2008, 09:38

Hi,

My name is Carla Richieri and I am searching information regarding my grand father Giacomo Richieri birth place in Genova. On his death document says that he born on Genova in 1837.

I already went to the Archivio Storico del Comune di Genova (Liste di Leva) and the Curia Archivescovile.

I will really apreciate if someone could give me tips or any kind of information to keep my search in Genova.

Thanks in advance,
Carla

Essgee
Master
Master

Re: HELP IN GENOVA - FAMILY RICHIERI

Postby Essgee » 24 May 2008, 13:19

Genova is both a city and a Province. It is possible he was born in a smaller town in the Province of Genova.

Remember, someone else listed his place of birth at the time of death...I am assuming he didn't die in Italy. They may have listed the city when it was in actuality the province.

Where did Giacomo die and when? Did other relatives--brothers and sisters--live in the same area whose birth record might give an alternative location? Was his wife from the same place? Often they married people from the same comune so if married in Italy, that could be a clue.

I am sure a number of others here will jump in and offer even better suggestions....

Hang in there!

misbris
Master
Master

Re: HELP IN GENOVA - FAMILY RICHIERI

Postby misbris » 24 May 2008, 15:16

The name is not too common. Try this site to find out which towns in Liguria (where Genoa is) the name appears. :D

http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognomi/cognomi.html

Return to “Italian Genealogy”