Another interesting find that brings up another question

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bonval
Rookie
Rookie

Another interesting find that brings up another question

Postby bonval » 26 May 2008, 14:13

For some odd reason last night I decided to search www.ancestry.it instead of www.ancestry.com - my subscription allows both. Well - although I found mostly the same information, the acestry.it site brought up a few things I did not find on ancestry.com doing the identical search - I entered only the surname DiCrocco!
So now for my interesting second find - the results brought up a manifest of Duca D'Acost sailing from Naples arriving NY in 7 Aug 1912 - line 28 shows according to them Oancezio Di Croco - I "think" it looks more like DiCroce to me and I am not sure at all about the first name - anyone else read this better? Interestingly he was refused entry - it is marked deported but I could not find any further information. I have taken to printing out the "Antiprima" in addition to the original manifests in order to further source and track these individuals later. That way I can have all the information to rule out or add in later! We are also finding another alternative spelling of the name as DiCroq from France. So we have lots to add or rule out as we go along further now!

vj
Master
Master

Re: Another interesting find that brings up another question

Postby vj » 26 May 2008, 14:47

Typed name on special inquiry page:
De Croce, Concenzio

1912 manifest
pg 2
special inquiry page

bonval
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Another interesting find that brings up another question

Postby bonval » 27 May 2008, 13:06

Thanks - that nis what I thought the original said! But sometimes two sets of eyes are better than one because we want to find someone else!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”