Searching for great grandfather info (Gallucci)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dani1234

Searching for great grandfather info (Gallucci)

Postby dani1234 » 28 May 2008, 03:01

Hi, I'm new here, my name is Daniel Gallucci, I'm from Argentina, and I've been looking information with no luck about my great grandfather. Excuse my english, but I'm still learning.

All I know is that his name was Angelo Gallucci, he was born between 1883 and 1885 in Fermo, or nearby (Porto San Giorgio, Sant'Elpidio a Mare), and that he arrived at Argentina at Buenos Aires Port the 8th of August of 1914 in the Duca Di Genova ship from Genoa Port.

As I said I've been looking for information about where he was born, cause I need his birth certificate to obtain the italian citizenship, but I don't know where to find more info that what I told above. In Argentina, the records of the immigrations of that time are in bad condition so they could not tell me anything.

I'll appreciate if anyone can guide me or can give me some information about how or where to keep looking this data.

As we say down here, many Thanks (muchas gracias)
Daniel Gallucci.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Searching for great grandfather info (Gallucci)

Postby suanj » 28 May 2008, 10:25

it is necessary almost to know the father first name and after to ask a search in the State Archive of Ascoli Piceno abt military service....
he travelling with:
Cognome
GALLUCCI

Nome
PALMA

Parentela
Prob. Parente

Stato civile
Sposato/a

Professione
TRABAJADOR

Religione
CATOLICA

Porto d'imbarco
GENOVA

Nave
DUCA DI GENOVA

Data d'arrivo
08-08-1914

Istruzione
Sa

Classe
Terza
............suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

ernestogallucci

Re: Searching for great grandfather info (Gallucci)

Postby ernestogallucci » 26 Jan 2010, 17:27

Hi, my name is Ernesto Gallucci, I was born in Fermo in 1944 and my father's name is Enrico. My grandfather Raffaele had two wives: Angelo and Argentina were his first wife children ad Giuditta, Rosa, Enrico (my father) and Alfredo were his second wife children.

When my parents were alive, they told me the story abaut uncle Angelo. What I know is that he emigrated in Argentina in the early 1900 and later on his brother Alfredo reach him there ad both of them settled in Buenos Aires.

Angelo Gallucci you are talking abaut in "genealogy" web site, is probably my uncle Angelo. I don't have precise news about date of his departure and his birth, bat every details I read in your e-mail Written in "genealogy" web side, remember me the story thad my parentes told me.

I leave in Porto San Giorgio, 7 Km far from Fermo, so I can ask family status of my granfather Gallucci Raffaele and birth certificate of uncle Angelo to the Registry Office in Fermo.

If you Want you can write in Spanish.

Best regards. Ernesto Gallucci

Return to “Italian Genealogy”