Received birth act from Puglia!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
legnoduro
Veteran
Veteran

Received birth act from Puglia!

Postby legnoduro » 28 May 2008, 21:05

Hello,
I mailed my request for my grandfathers birth act on May 12 and received the letter from Italy today May 28. I was never contacted for a payment nor was it requested with the birth act. Is this unusual? I thought that 4 - 6 weeks was considered a good response time. I am thrilled! Thanks to everyone who helped me with the address and letter context suggestions. I hope that the comunes of Pietrelcina and Fagnano Castello act as quickly.

Legnoduro
(researching DiPasquale, Sereno, Deluca)

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Received birth act from Puglia!

Postby nuccia » 28 May 2008, 21:32

Congrats on your success!

No, it is not unusual to not be charged since they do not charge for vital records in Italy. And, their response time is awesome. I also received my first documents within two weeks...some I received within two months. I guess it just depends on the office, time of year and how overloaded they are. I would imagine it would also depend on how easy or difficult it is to find the record you request. Simple searches are defintiely much quicker!

Keep us posted!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

Return to “Italian Genealogy”