Aiello surname Campania Region, Boscorele and SurrounD area

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ginnymarie3

Aiello surname Campania Region, Boscorele and SurrounD area

Postby ginnymarie3 » 29 May 2008, 00:30

My Great\Great Grandmother's Maiden Name is Aiello. Her First name is Filomena. She was living in Boscorele Italy. I am not sure if she moved to this town after she was married, or if she grew up in this town also. I am trying to find any records, like Ellis Island records of any other people with the last name Aiello came to the US. I am trying to find out if she had any brothers or sisters. Or if her siblings and thier children all stayed in Italy. She never made it to US. She was born in Italy around 1835 to 1845.I am not sure when she died. Her husband Simone Vangone died in the early 1900's. I am hoping this site will help me out again. A few months ago this site was able to let me connect with some relatives from the Vangone side.

Thank you for all your help

Ginny

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Aiello surname Campania Region, Boscorele and SurrounD

Postby nuccia » 29 May 2008, 05:23

Hi Ginny,

Aiello is a very common surname in Cosenza and Catanzaro but not in Boscoreale. Vangone though is common there.

Have you tried writing to Boscoreale and requesting their marriage act or her their death act? The marriage info should provide her place of birth and then you will be able to be in a better position to track her siblings.

Perhaps someone can offer another idea?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Gente di Mare
Gente Italian Genealogy Forum
Extractions of various Comuni in Reggio

Return to “Italian Genealogy”