marriage records for scaltrito family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

marriage records for scaltrito family

Postby belmoro19 » 31 May 2008, 01:38

I am wondering if someone would know a geneaologist in the philadelphia -new jersey area.i am looking for marriage records for my great grandparents and grandparents.i have tried on my own to locate them but o no avail.i am 90% sure there were married in this area.i have checked italy but there are no records of a marriage.the information i have is:

great grandparents:giovanni scaltrito
born:4-18-1890 in santa teresa di riva(messina)
wife:eremindiana ferrara
born in pianella,italy
possibly married between 1908-1915 in philadelphia or new jersey?
i have 1910 census records that states they were married a year earlier but doesn't state when

grandparents:antonio or anthony scaltrito born may 3,1909 in philadelphia to parents above
wife:anna caputo born in philadelphia to luigi caputo and maria marchione.possiby married in philadelphia or new jersey.

any information or guidance wold be greatly appreciated.
thank you

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: marriage records for scaltrito family

Postby Biff83 » 31 May 2008, 01:56

One of the best and a member of the forum here.

http://www.wheretheacornfell.com/

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

grantscaltreto

Postby grantscaltreto » 23 Oct 2008, 15:49

Hi Belmoro,

I have been reading your posts and I think we are related. I also have been researching the Scaltrito family tree. The difference between our last names is the I. My great grandfather Antonio Scaltreto (Tony) came from Messina to Boston between 1905 and 1910. When he signed the immagration log here it looked like he signed the name with an E instead of an I. He kept it as an E to avoid confusion I guess. He was born in 1889 and married twice. His first wife died and left him with a daughter Guiseppa. He then married my great grandmother from the Donato family and worked as a laundry man. I saw that someone found marriage records for Salvatore in one of your posts. I believe this was my grandfather and the son of Antonio. Also, Antonio's father was Antonino Scaltrito (who kept the I in the last name) and he was married to Rosa Todaro. They also came to America after my great grandfather was here. I don't know if this helps at all. Please let me know if you need any more info as I have Passanger records as well as Census and my great grandfathers WWI draft card. Good luck.

belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Postby belmoro19 » 23 Dec 2008, 02:52

Hi Grant,
Sorry I haven't responded earlier I just saw this post today. I'm not sure if we are related but I can give you some information and see where it goes.Most of my family lived in Philadelphia for much of their lives.Salvatore Scaltrito was my great uncle,brother of my great grandfather Giovanni Scaltrito who was born in Santa Teresa di Riva(1890)-hamlet of Messina.Their parents were Antonino Scaltrito and Antonia LoCascio.They moved around alot because they worked on the rail lines so all their children were born in different towns.As far as I know Salvatore was born in Leonforte in 1885.The other brothers were Guiseppe and Francesco(born 1877 in Aci Reale).They also had a sister Paolina? who stayed in Sicily with her parents.Iam not sure when and where their parents were born but i do know they stayed in Sicily.If any of this makes sense it is possible that we are related-ditasnt cousins i suppose.Scaltrito is not a very common name.well,let's see ehat happens
all the best

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 23 Dec 2008, 16:33

Until 1916 year, in Philadelphia are only this marriages abt Scaltrito grooms:
Scaltrito Salvatore ( bride surname: Ligato) in 1912
Scaltrito Francesco ( bride surname: Maggio) in 1916
no more records... but maybe the database is not complete to 100%.. you can search directly by this website:
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... 956954#p=4

best regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Postby belmoro19 » 24 Dec 2008, 03:42

THANK YOU SUANJ

Return to “Italian Genealogy”