I now have a location

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rayrussell2000uk

I now have a location

Postby rayrussell2000uk » 14 Jun 2008, 12:54

I'm looking for birth information for Pietro Agazzi born in 1851 in Piacenza (Emilia-Romagna).

I'm also looking for Giacomo Zazzi born in Piacenza (Emilia-Romagna).

Any help would be appreciated.

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I now have a location

Postby Seraphina » 14 Jun 2008, 17:01

Hi Ray,

As you have the year of birth of Piero Agazzi and you now know he was born in Piacenza, you could request a birth certificate from the records office there. Have you been on their website?

Just type in Piacenza comune on the internet, then click on Uffici comunale. You should find an address to write to (in Italian).

Hope this helps.

Seraphina

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: I now have a location

Postby BillieDeKid » 14 Jun 2008, 19:59

Hi Ray. There is a comune named Piacenza within the Province of Piacenza in the region of Emilia-Romagna. Do you know if the town your looking for is Piacenza or is it a town in the province of Piacenza?

There are LDS films for the town of Piacenza............
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... iacenza+++

And there are also a few other towns in the province of Piacenza with films too. If you can let us know someone on the forum might be able to assist you further.

Here is the link to find a family history center (fhc) where you will need to go in to order the films you want to view.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Hope this might help.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”