Gangi (Ganci) Records in Priolo Gargallo, Siracusa, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kgangi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 01:53
Location: Florida, USA

Gangi (Ganci) Records in Priolo Gargallo, Siracusa, Sicily

Postby kgangi » 16 Jun 2008, 03:42

I know that my husband's grandfather immigrated to the US about 1905. Have found records of him, grandmother, and Italian-born Aunt in ship's manifests. Our problem is that we now believe that they, except for Aunt Lucia, returned to Sicily. There is no death record for either of them in Connecticut, where they lived. My husband has no memory of them more recent than about 1950, when he was 3 years old. Everyone in the family who would've known what happened to them is already dead.

The people we're looking for are Guiseppe and Concetta Gangi (Ganci), who arrived here from Priolo Gargallo. Is there anyone out there who can check records or cemetery in Priolo?

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Gangi (Ganci) Records in Priolo Gargallo, Siracusa, Sici

Postby suanj » 16 Jun 2008, 12:36

In the:
1920 United States Federal Census
about Joseph Gangi
Name: Joseph Gangi
Home in 1920: Middletown, Middlesex, Connecticut
Age: 38 years
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1882
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Congeta

Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Rent
Year of Immigration: 1905
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 315
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Joseph Gangi 38
Congeta Gangi 38
Lucy Gangi 16
Michael Gangi 6
James Gangi 1


World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Giuseppe Ganzi (Gangi)
Name: Giuseppe Ganzi
City: Not Stated
County: Middlesex
State: Connecticut
Birth Date: 21 Mar 1881

Race: White
Roll: 1570618
DraftBoard: 21

nearest relative: Concetta Gangi... no 1930 census, maybe a more deep search.... and I can find it if they no back in Italy...

Gangi living in Priolo Gargallo:
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... c=&x=0&y=0

Bordonaro living in Priolo Gargallo:
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... c=&x=0&y=0

regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Gangi (Ganci) Records in Priolo Gargallo, Siracusa, Sici

Postby suanj » 16 Jun 2008, 12:54

and maybe this topic can interest you http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 25160.html
He knows very little else, except Joseph and Concetta were from Sicily.
Also, Concetta, at least, is buried in Rose Hill Cem. in Rocky Hill, Hartford, CT.

maybe this death record is no right....
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

kgangi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 01:53
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Gangi (Ganci) Records in Priolo Gargallo, Siracusa, Sici

Postby kgangi » 17 Jun 2008, 03:45

suanj wrote:and maybe this topic can interest you http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 25160.html
He knows very little else, except Joseph and Concetta were from Sicily.
Also, Concetta, at least, is buried in Rose Hill Cem. in Rocky Hill, Hartford, CT.

maybe this death record is no right....

Please tell me how you found this record for Rose Hill Cemetery. I've made inquiries through the state vital statistics office in Hartford, and they found nothing for Giuseppe or Concetta. I'd like to view the record, if possible, to try to determine if it is really my husband's grandmother. Interestingly enough, both his paternal and maternal grandmothers are named Concetta, although the maternal went more often by Concettina. Thank you for your help.

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Gangi (Ganci) Records in Priolo Gargallo, Siracusa, Sici

Postby suanj » 17 Jun 2008, 09:30

kgangi, I hope that the aothor of previous topic can give you the infos that you need; personally, I believe that the Concetta death record in the topic http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 25160.html is no right, because she is not Concetta Bordonaro Gangi... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

kgangi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 01:53
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Gangi (Ganci) Records in Priolo Gargallo, Siracusa, Sici

Postby kgangi » 17 Jun 2008, 22:54

suanj wrote:kgangi, I hope that the aothor of previous topic can give you the infos that you need; personally, I believe that the Concetta death record in the topic http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 25160.html is no right, because she is not Concetta Bordonaro Gangi... regards, suanj
My feeling is the same as yours. When my husband and I did some research at the cemetery a couple of years ago, we were told that my husband's father had started to pay for a burial plot for his mother, but that payment was never completed. Another mystery. Thanks for your input.

kgangi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 01:53
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Gangi (Ganci) Records in Priolo Gargallo, Siracusa, Sici

Postby kgangi » 17 Jun 2008, 23:01

kgangi wrote:
suanj wrote:kgangi, I hope that the aothor of previous topic can give you the infos that you need; personally, I believe that the Concetta death record in the topic http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 25160.html is no right, because she is not Concetta Bordonaro Gangi... regards, suanj
My feeling is the same as yours. When my husband and I did some research at the cemetery a couple of years ago, we were told that my husband's father had started to pay for a burial plot for his mother, but that payment was never completed. Another mystery. Thanks for your input.
I went back and read that post about Rose Hill. That was my sister! I guess she got a little confused about who is buried where. I'll have to tell her we thought she knew something that we didn't know. I thought for a minute that it might be something useful. Oh, well. We go on.

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Gangi (Ganci) Records in Priolo Gargallo, Siracusa, Sici

Postby suanj » 18 Jun 2008, 04:47

yes I understand....I believe that you can write a letter in italian language to Gangi in Priolo Gargallo, maybe you can descover the truth... regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

kgangi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 01:53
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Gangi (Ganci) Records in Priolo Gargallo, Siracusa, Sici

Postby kgangi » 18 Jun 2008, 22:13

suanj wrote:yes I understand....I believe that you can write a letter in italian language to Gangi in Priolo Gargallo, maybe you can descover the truth... regards, suanj
Thanks so much for your help. We're working on learning enough Italian to get the information we need. Have also investigated a couple of web pages through the Latter Day Saints. They give appropriate phrases and questions in Italian, for those of us who don't speak . . . yet. Thanks again.


Return to “Italian Genealogy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media, n_wen and 11 guests