Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CALTALOVER

Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta

Postby CALTALOVER » 17 Jun 2008, 02:49

Greetings,

I'm looking for info on the following:

My great great grandmother Anna Giordano was married to Francesco Picone who bore my great grandfather, Pellegrino Picone. He married Rosa Razza and bore my grandfather Giueseppe Picone.

Also my great great grandmother, Arcangela Truncali married Francesco Razza and bore my great grandmother Rosa Razza above.

I've been to Caltabellotta but didn't have the time to do any searches on any sibling or connections. Would be happy to take suggestions, hear about possible connections, etc.

PS We can't wait to go back. It was the best vacation we ever had.

Luke
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Giordano, Truncali, Razza, Picone - Caltabellotta

Postby Luke » 17 Jun 2008, 18:10

Can you tell us what info your looking for Ellis Island records or records from Italy?
From Roma to New York

CALTALOVER

Postby CALTALOVER » 17 Jun 2008, 23:06

Luke wrote:Can you tell us what info your looking for Ellis Island records or records from Italy?
Hi Luke,
I'm sorry I should have been clearer. I'm looking for birth dates and parents of Arcangela Truncali, Francesco Razza and Anna Giordano and anyone -siblings and/or cousins connected with those folks. So I would need records from Italy. Eventually, I'll order some films through the LDS, but in the mean time, I was hoping someone out there might recognize these names.

Luke
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Luke » 18 Jun 2008, 11:38

I am doing very much the same thing only with Nazzano (RM) what worked for me is an e-mail and a call below is a link for the town with e-mail link and office numbers hope this helps a bit.

http://www.caltabellotta.com/comune/comune.asp
From Roma to New York

CALTALOVER

Postby CALTALOVER » 19 Jun 2008, 17:04

Luke wrote:I am doing very much the same thing only with Nazzano (RM) what worked for me is an e-mail and a call below is a link for the town with e-mail link and office numbers hope this helps a bit.

http://www.caltabellotta.com/comune/comune.asp
Thanks, Luke.
I'll give it a try. Question, though ... do you speak Italian? I don't, so I'm thinking it may be a problem. I noticed that many people in the town don't speak English.

Luke
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Luke » 19 Jun 2008, 19:04

I do speak Italian, that may pose a bit of a challange however in many cases there is one person in the office who kinda sorta speaks english :)
and with what your requesting you should not have a problem. Just keep in mind the time change and the fact that more often than not the office personel leave around 1 pm local time.
From Roma to New York

Salute

Postby Salute » 04 Dec 2009, 21:45

If anyone is still on-line and looking for the Truncali family...

My family includes the Truncali surname from Caltabellotta, Agrigento, Sicily. I have been there several times and have contacts with several different Truncali families when doing my research in Caltabellotta. If you can give me some info on approximate dates, etc., I could inquire about them.

Let me know if you have questions also... the people who are part of the team of keeping up the www.caltabelotta.com website is connected and part of the Truncali family.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Dec 2009, 22:01

Dear Caltolove Perhaps your persepctive might fall into line about Italian Genealogy and how your family genealogy is researched easily and with out immediate assistance.

Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html
This website will start you off well.

You do not need to know italian for researching your Italian family genealogysince there are form letters for just about everything in English which are translated to Italian for you. This website is as follows:
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html

=Peter=
~Peter~

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 05 Dec 2009, 06:59

Salute wrote:Let me know if you have questions also... the people who are part of the team of keeping up the www.caltabelotta.com website is connected and part of the Truncali family.

The correct link is www.caltabellotta.com (double l)

Salute

Postby Salute » 05 Dec 2009, 22:47

You are so correct on the website, a typo on my part, it is Caltabellotta.com.... thank you for correcting.

:D
Surnames:
Caltabellotta, Agrigento, Sicily-Soldano, Truncali, Piazza, Tornambe, Grisafi, Trapani, Trafficante....
San Pietro Avellano, Molise, Italy - Colaianni, Rotoli, diSanza, diGiacomo, Morelli....

Return to “Italian Genealogy”