baranello or barnello molise

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
barhnt

baranello or barnello molise

Post by barhnt »

Hi I am looking for family members of Nunzio Baranello. He came to america in 1906 and then one of his sons changed the spelling of our name to barnello. You can only find this spelling in Syracuse, NY. But i am looking to go back farther in my heritage. Nunzio's father was Angleo Baranello I think his dob was 1876. any info out there?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

In Italy all records and family history are in town of origin. Genealogy starts at the end and wroks backward. Go to www.ellisisland.org and look up his arrival and at the same time get his year of birth and place of birth. WEhen you have this information then go to www.paginebianche.it and put in surname int he first line and the town in the third line and click CERCA for any possible relatives. At this point decide what your research o=bjectives are going to be relatives or documents or both. Peter
barhnt

thank you

Post by barhnt »

the page brought up many names that could be releated. I think i am going to need to research much more though. but that was a nice start. I have been to ellis island and recieved info. there and i am going to New York city next week and will get a nice copy of the ship manfest for 1909.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I was not aware (because you did not tell me) that you already knew about Ellis Island and had been there so in effect you made a fool out of me by keeping information from me and making me tell you what youy already knew.. How dare you wsaste my precious time when you could have told me where you were at in your inquiry so that I would have been respected for my knoweldge and gain for you more exacting information. SHAME ON YOU> Peter NYC
barhnt

Post by barhnt »

no need to get upset. I had not been to the second site you gave me and as i said it brought up quite a few possible relations. However since i just started this search i have no idea what i am doing. I have been to many pages and I am sure i have missed much in my attempts to locate relitives. I am sorry if you feel i make a fool out of you as that certainly was not my intent. thank you for your help and i am sorry if my newness in this search seems to upset you. i have only been at this one week as compared to the time i am sure you have been doing this.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Thank you for your prompt reply. You are intelligent but brash, however, be that as it may as long as you respect me I will you. Should you read tghe Italian Genealogy book Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole you will amass all the information and not need to deal with the likes of me. Peter
barhnt

Post by barhnt »

i guess being brash comes from being a teacher. however, i will look into that book as that i need all the help i can get in this matter. I am trying to do this for my father who never saw his grandfather and really knows nothing about the family. It is a gift to him, As is the Ellis island record i will have framed. My father means the world to me and i would go through hell to make him happy and give him a window into his heritage. This is the stuff families are made of.

I can tell you the only info i have acquired is from ellis island. I can not find any other family trees that match what i have found. I have located ellis lsland records for my great great grandfather Angelo baranello from molise campbosso. arrive in the usa in 1912 at the age of 62. Nunzio my great grand father, also from the same town arrived at the age of 16 in 1909. my great uncle Pasquale , also from the same town arrived in 1912 at the age of 20, trip paid for by angelo his brother. That is as far as i have gotten.
barhnt

Post by barhnt »

the previous information i found late this after noon. I went back to ellis island site and spend a few hours there really reading the manafests.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

get back to me when your ready. Peter