Orphanage Novara

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
embracinggenerations

Orphanage Novara

Post by embracinggenerations »

Hello everyone,

I have been given information that my great great grandmother was from an orphanage called novara. Does anyone have any information on this place or where I could get that information? I believe at one point she was fostered out. Her son was born in Mornago and after his father died, she had 3 more children in Cimbra.

Thank you for your time in advance

Abby
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Orphanage Novara

Post by Biff83 »

Hello and welcome to IG!

This might be a possible. Read the listing for AVOGADRO, Antonio.
http://books.google.com/books?id=I-wRAA ... ge&f=false

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
embracinggenerations

Thank You Biff,

I click on this link and it shows a book overview... not sure where to look for your suggested AVOGADRO, Antonio

Help!!!

Abby
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

embracinggenerations wrote:Thank You Biff,

I click on this link and it shows a book overview... not sure where to look for your suggested AVOGADRO, Antonio

Help!!!

Abby
The book is "Who's Who in the World, 1912" and on the right side you should see,
AVOGADRO, Antonio:
Born Oct 13, 1868, in Novara. President of the Administration of the Hospital for the cure of the scrofulous Poor and of the Orphanage for females of Santa Lucia. Residence: Novara, Italy
PS: Scrofulous: Having scrofula.

Scrofula: A form of tuberculosis affecting the lymph nodes, especially of the neck, that is most common in children and is usually spread by unpasteurized milk from infected cows
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

http://books.google.com/bkshp?hl=en&tab=wp

Search:

orphanage novara

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Someone who understands Italian beter than I can tell you if this site says the Novaro State Archives holds records of the Orfanotrofio (Orphanage)

http://www.archivi-sias.it/Scheda_Compl ... sso=190038
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Abby write to Novara and if they have the records they will let you know one way or the other. The sooner you write the sooner you will know for sure since they talk about records dating from 1824 to 1989 but do not specify what their archives contain . =Peter=
~Peter~
embracinggenerations

thank you to all for your help!

Abby