Italian Elections and Dual Citizenship

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Italian Elections and Dual Citizenship

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Question: I know that dual citizens are permitted to vote in Italian elections, but which elections?

I see for example that 13 regional elections are about to take place, including Lazio, where my ancestral comune is located. Ignoring for a moment whether I am qualified to participate (honestly, I am not) or would like to participate (not sure), should I have received a ballot from the NYC consulate?

Are these ballots mailed to everyone of legal voting age who is listed in each consulate's AIRE? If so, why haven't my wife, my adult son, and I received them? Is the mailing of ballots controlled by individual comuni?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)