Military Record- Bersaglieri

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
14 posts • Page 1 of 1

Military Record- Bersaglieri

Postby garyyarg » 12 Apr 2004, 18:20

Camillo Pulcini from Ascoli-Piceno served as an officer in the Bersaglieri division. He was born in 1880 and migrated to the USA in 1901. How would I go about acquiring his military records?
User avatar
garyyarg
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 12 Apr 2004, 00:00
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Postby ricbru » 27 Apr 2004, 16:44

Hello,
this is the url of state archive in Ascoli Piceno where you can find his military records:
http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... ascendente

I hope it helps. Bye Riccardo :D
User avatar
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 01:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY

Postby garyyarg » 27 Apr 2004, 18:11

Thanks. I have written to the archives for information and received acknowledgment, but no substantive reply yet.

Gary

ricbru wrote:Hello,
this is the url of state archive in Ascoli Piceno where you can find his military records:
http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... ascendente

I hope it helps. Bye Riccardo :D
User avatar
garyyarg
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 12 Apr 2004, 00:00
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Postby ptimber » 28 Apr 2004, 02:42

Why not send an e-mail archivioap@libero.it to the Director Carolina Ciaffardini Ciarrocchi and ask her to intervene in your behalf should a prompt response not be forthcoming from Ascoli Piceno. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 02:00
Location: ny

Postby garyyarg » 28 Apr 2004, 05:23

With very helpful assistance by a member of this forum whose name I won't reveal, I did send an email to the director and received an email response acknowledging the receipt of my request. It is my understanding that the request will be researched and I will be informed as to whether or not anything was found, and apprised of the cost to acquire the findings if any. I appreciate your suggestion, and it is precisely what was done through the efforts of a member who is Italian. I am an American with limited language skills and found the assistance very generous and helpful. I haven't revealed the name so that this person is not bombarded with requests. Thank you again for your support and concern.

Gary



ptimber wrote:Why not send an e-mail archivioap@libero.it to the Director Carolina Ciaffardini Ciarrocchi and ask her to intervene in your behalf should a prompt response not be forthcoming from Ascoli Piceno. Peter
User avatar
garyyarg
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 12 Apr 2004, 00:00
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Postby ptimber » 28 Apr 2004, 07:13

How interesting that your so called Italian benefactor chooses to contact forum inquiries privately and directly because he does not want to be inundated by numerous requests. He doesn;t saound very true italian to me. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 02:00
Location: ny

Postby garyyarg » 28 Apr 2004, 07:50

Peter, I have no interest in engaging in a trivial battle with you. The person who helped me has helped numerous other people on this site. It was my choice not to publish the name and I did not ask the individual who assisted me. I can assure you this person is Italian and very knowledgeable regarding research. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if you had been assisted by the indvidual as well. And, I don't know what helping has to to do with being a "true" Italian anymore than it does with being any other nationality.
I think we're through discussing this.
8)
Gary


ptimber wrote:How interesting that your so called Italian benefactor chooses to contact forum inquiries privately and directly because he does not want to be inundated by numerous requests. He doesn;t saound very true italian to me. Peter
User avatar
garyyarg
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 12 Apr 2004, 00:00
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Postby ptimber » 28 Apr 2004, 08:16

I agree and perhaps your benefactor will be able someday to give more of himself to the forum and helping more people instead of cherry picking. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 02:00
Location: ny

Postby suanj » 29 Apr 2004, 12:06

Hi Gary, must attend the answer of Archivio di Stato di Ascoli Piceno, your letter sended sure it will have answer.. regards, suanj
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11056
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Postby garyyarg » 29 Apr 2004, 19:55

:P
Hi Suanj,
As you can imagine, I am waiting impatiently. As I told you earlier, I did receive an acknowledgement stating the message had been viewed.
Il messaggio è stato visualizzato nel computer del destinatario alle 16/04/04 10.28
Do you have a general idea of how long it takes to receive information?
Thanks,
Gary



suanj wrote:Hi Gary, must attend the answer of Archivio di Stato di Ascoli Piceno, your letter sended sure it will have answer.. regards, suanj
User avatar
garyyarg
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 12 Apr 2004, 00:00
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Postby suanj » 30 Apr 2004, 06:23

Hi Gary: normally 15/30 days.. it depends on search difficulty :roll: regards, suanj
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11056
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Postby garyyarg » 30 Apr 2004, 07:03

suanj wrote:Hi Gary: normally 15/30 days.. it depends on search difficulty :roll: regards, suanj


Many thanks. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Gary :D
User avatar
garyyarg
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 12 Apr 2004, 00:00
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Postby garyyarg » 02 May 2004, 04:24

Suanj,
I received a reply today via mail from Archivio di stato di Ascoli Piceno.
It was post marked 26 Apr 2004. The request was submitted via email on April 16, 2004
Thanks !!!

Gary
User avatar
garyyarg
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 12 Apr 2004, 00:00
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Postby suanj » 02 May 2004, 07:50

garyyarg wrote:Suanj,
I received a reply today via mail from Archivio di stato di Ascoli Piceno.
It was post marked 26 Apr 2004. The request was submitted via email on April 16, 2004
Thanks !!!

Gary

Very speed the Archivio!! well..
OK Gary, I've reply you already...now many info for you, regards, suanj
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11056
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy


14 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian History & Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.