seeking info on albanian decendants into italy

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

seeking info on albanian decendants into italy

Postby debbie365 » 21 Jan 2011, 15:34

hi just wondering if any one knows of an albanian web site online for geaneology.
surnames,Basilone, Calascione,Campofredano, Deluca, Occhionero, Glave, Intrevado, Angelozzi Peta, Frate
debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

Re: seeking info on albanian decendants into italy

Postby nickintexas » 03 Feb 2011, 14:12

I figured someone would have replied by now...I'm interested as well... (although I've got 3 or 4 centuries of Italian records to go through before I can find my family's link back to Albania!)

I recognize a few of the surnames in your list. Frate, in particular is a regular that shows up in a lot of the records I've reviewed for the Casalvecchio Di Puglia area....which is where all my Albanian/Italian family came from before settling in Milford, Mass.

What area of Italy did your Albanian ancestors settle in?
My past is all behind me now.
Looking for Andreola, Fino, Simone, Rossacci & Capece primarily from Casalvecchio di Puglia.
nickintexas
Rookie
Rookie

Postby debbie365 » 03 Feb 2011, 16:42

most of my surnames are all from ururi,campobasso molise , and i have gone back as far as 1830 into the village they are from. my grand father spoke albanian he also spoke 6 languages . so my guess is he was well educated in italy.
surnames,Basilone, Calascione,Campofredano, Deluca, Occhionero, Glave, Intrevado, Angelozzi Peta, Frate
debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

Postby misbris » 06 Feb 2011, 18:15

Hi,

Don't know why no one has responded to your posts yet, :cry: but here is some info to look at.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... anian.html

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... nians.html

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... bania.html

Hope it gives you a start!
misbris
Master
Master

Postby debbie365 » 12 Feb 2011, 13:10

thank you
debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian History & Culture