PIZZANO Family Reunion - AUGUST 2005

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

PIZZANO Family Reunion - AUGUST 2005

Postby npizzano » 21 Sep 2004, 12:57

We are beginning to plan the 2005 Family reunion for the PIZZANOs and the Extended Families. If any of your relatives or ancestors are PIZZANOs, then you are invited. The date will be AUGUST 13, 2005 in Middleton, Massachusetts. Start making plans NOW to attend. Contact me for further information at: npizzano@erols.com - Neal Lee Pizzano.

Also, we are planning a PIZZANO International Family TOUR of ITALY in September/October 2006. Details will be developing, but those interested are asked to provide me with suggestions and ideas on locations to visit, BESIDES the Province of Avellino.

The families extended all come from the same region in Avellino. Most are directly from Torre le Nocelle. Other from Neighboring towns. Some of the name included in this are: Bevilacqua; Capone; Cefalo; DeAngelis; Garrofano; Iarrobino; Lombardi; Mazzariello; Meolo; Musto; Penna; Penta; Rotondi; Sarni; Todesca; Vesce & Vozzella. I am sure I left off a few, but please do not be offended. Just tell me what surname you have and of your PIZZANO Connection, then I'll add it here.
Neal Lee Pizzano
npizzano

Re: PIZZANO Family Reunion - AUGUST 2005

Postby DonnaH » 02 Jul 2005, 04:08

Neal
I am related to the Pisano's in Exeter Pennsylvania. Was the spelling of your surname changed when your ancestors came to America??? My family is also from the Avellino region. Montemilletto actually
We also have Musto's related to us. My ggrandfather Pisano was Fillippo Pisano his father was Ciraco and Ciraco's father was Giovanni. Could we be related??
By the way
In the cemetary in Exeter there is a Pizzano marker there
I have not found anything out about him though

donna
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Postby npizzano » 08 Nov 2005, 20:36

Donna,

There is a possibility, but it is uncertain. Our family history goes back to the 1500's in that region. I do have proof the name is spelled PIZZANO in Torre le Nocelle going back to the early 1800's. It is likely that the name was changed to PISANO when they checked in at the port of entry, but not necessiarily so. I would like to talk more with you about what you have and the details that I have along with my cousins.

Where in Maryland are you located? I often travel between Rockville and just outside of Philadelphia PA.

Sorry it has taken so long to resond to your inquiry. I do not check this sight very often. Please contact me at npizzano@hotmail.com.

Thank you and have a great day!
Neal Lee Pizzano
npizzano

Postby DonnaH » 18 Nov 2005, 18:53

Neal found your Pizzano tree online. I also have a few Musto's in my line. The Pisano's that i am researching originally came from Montemiletto, but i am told that Torre de Nocelle and Montemiletto are extremely close geographically.
I have a Giovanni Pisano born 1797 married Antonia Fronsilla and a Pasquale Pisano born 1817 that married a Maria Fina. There daughter Angela Pisano born 1859 married a Antonio Musto. Also Francesco Pisano born 1825 married Agnese Muso born 1/7/1855 all listed for Montemiletto.
I have been viewing microfiche for Pietradefusi looking for Barletta's but have not found any Pisano,Pizzano's there. Many Musto's though.
I did find a tombstone for a Dominick Pizano in St. Cecilia's Cemet. in West Pittston, Pa. Any connection to you???
My Pisano line is in Pittson, Pa Luzerne County.
I am currently in Southern Maryland, Calvert County. I don't get to Rockville at all. About 1 1/2 hours from me.
Any help you can give me would be appreciated
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Postby saccolicious » 02 Feb 2008, 19:22

I noticed you listed Bevilacqua as one of the surnames. How are you related to Bevilacqua? My g-grandmother had a brother Savino (Sam) Bevilacqua whose daughter Margaret married a Pizzano. Is this the Bevilacqua you were referring to?

Anthony Sacco
saccolicious

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian History & Culture