healing

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
faith
Rookie
Rookie

healing

Post by faith »

I was wondering if anyone here know about healing with a kidney shaped stone? My gggrandfather from Italy would take people and heal them with a kidney shaped stone he would hold over their body. When he died it was said that he wa murdered by a person he was helping of course I do not know this is a family story. My gAunt Kate read the cards and i learned how from her,she read just a regular playing deck. How about these things that were passed down in the family?
ddevirgilio
Rookie
Rookie

Re: healing

Post by ddevirgilio »

My family is from Molfetta in the province of Bari. When I was a child, my paternal grandmother and many women of her generation would conduct a ritual called "tagliare i vermi" (literally translated as "cut the worms") whenever we had stomach issues. The ritual basically involved praying and making repeated signs of the cross over the stomach. It would take about 10 minutes. In retrospect, it reminded me of a mini-exorcism. Regardless, it always seemed to help. :-)
faith
Rookie
Rookie

Post by faith »

Thank you for sharing.
bandwealth

Post by bandwealth »

For instance, my great grandfathers and great-great-grandfather throughout the mid for 1800's. I know I've encounter possidente several occasions, but I am imagining that doesn't signify they were wealthy landowners, simply they may have possessed their houses.