Coat of Arms..

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: Coat of Arms..

Post by JamesBianco »

ptimber wrote: Folr this reason I just traced my family name back to the 11th century when there was no other family from what I could gather since they were originally "I Romani i n Grecia" on the tax rolls. I uncovered historical references to political appointments and a family biography in the 18th century reflectings its minor nobility and a letter from a King to another ancesotr in 1470 granting him a coat of arms and feudal fief. Now it is safe to assume that the family immigrated from Rome and then over the years splintered until there are now less than 500 in the world. What splinter am I? I just contented myself with knowing the evolution of the family surname over a 900 year period with 6 changes. Peter
I appreciate what you are saying, but for me..the end of the line (and my interest) always lies with the furthest primary source documented ancestor. Further backward is speculation in my opinion. I am uber anal about having proof for every generation.

BTW---What is the origin of Timber anyway? Just out of curiosity.

Jim
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

JamesBianco wrote:
BTW---What is the origin of Timber anyway? Just out of curiosity.

Jim
HA, here I always assume everyone but me has an alias...
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

AmyT wrote:
HA, here I always assume everyone but me has an alias...

Not me. Why bother anyway right? *locks his doors*

:wink:

er...sorry Amy btw for being so long winded few posts above, I just have been at this for so long..and learned a few lessons.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

My now deceased cat. I agree wholeheartedly that documentation is the foundation for all research and I would never assume nobility even minor though it was, unless I could verify someway. I was not able to and therefore cannot lay claim to anything but my virility, intelligence and wit. Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

SOoo... 'Timber' is your deceased cat. Thats cute in a morbid way, but hopefully you had the name before your cat died..??

James, longwinded is no big deal.. I'm an avid reader..
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

ptimber wrote: I was not able to and therefore cannot lay claim to anything but my virility, intelligence and wit. Peter
ROFL ...i just gagged on my drink thank you!
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Hey, I love that kind of confidence.. :wink:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Jim didn't your mother instruct you to imbibe slowly and chew thoroguhly?? HmmmPeter
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

ptimber wrote:Jim didn't your mother instruct you to imbibe slowly and chew thoroguhly?? HmmmPeter
Yea... I suppose she did. But it is Friday night....:)

Truce ,kiddo

Jim