Italian meals!

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Italian meals!

Post by ptimber »

To keep the kids happy make tons of Pastina, put in tons of butter and grated cheese and let them go crazy. Peter
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

AmyT wrote: (we really need new emoticons there are great ones at my other site that would have been much more appropriate for my self effacing humor)
Why don't our avatar's show up?
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Because its out of consideration for the people stuck on dial up and have slow connections. It should be a certain size or whatever, and while I tried making mine miniscual, it still doesn't show up so I put it back to the way it was but I don't think anyone can see it.. *shrug*
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

why would anyone want to use a symbol for themselves??
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

I had a picture of myself to represent myself. I'm simple like that but I'm sure there are symbols and pictures I'd think were more attractive than my face.. LOL... I should have thought of that sooner..

Its just too difficult to post a picture because not everyone has the bandwidth and connection speed to handle the images.
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

vanity vanity all is vanity!!!!!!!!Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

This is why I was just going to show my face.. :wink: Cause I am so vain, I bet I think this song is about me...
JENNAMS

Post by JENNAMS »

AMY -

WOULD YOU MIND POSTING THE RECIPE? I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING NEW AND "EASY" TO MAKE.

THANKS!

JENN
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Pasta Puttanesca

4 med garlic cloves, minced to paste or pressed through garlic press (1 packed tablespoon
· Salt
· 1 pound of pasta
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
· 4 teaspoons minced anchovies (about 8 fillets)
· 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained, 1/2 cup juice reserved
· 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
· 1/2 cup kalamata olives (chopped) -these are also Calamata olives at some stores.
· 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves

1. Boil pasta with 1 tablespoon of salt in the water. While the pasta is boiling mix garlic with 1 tablespoon water in small bowl; set aside.
2. Heat oil, garlic mixture, red pepper flakes, and anchovies in large skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently, until garlic is fragrant but not brown, 2to3 min. Stir in tomatoes and simmer until slightly thickened, about 8 min.
3. Return cooked pasta to pot and add ¼ cup reserved tomato juice and toss to combine.
4. Stir capers, olives and parsley into sauce. Pour sauce over pasta and toss to combine, adding more tomato juice to moisten if necessary.
5. Serve immediately.

For a bread choice, anything is good with this, toasted first, then each piece rubbed with a garlic clove (cut) then olive oil.. its yummy.

I also like a spinach salad with this.

My friend serves an appetizer with it, I believe it was mozarella sliced with a leaf of spinach on top, then a tomato on top of that, and balsamic vinegar dashed on the plate of these... (( Sorry I don't know what they are called but that was really good too))

Edited to add, I left the anchovies out of it last night and it was still delicious! My kitchen was a disaster though! Clean as you go, some of this stuff gets messy..
JENNAMS

Post by JENNAMS »

AMY -

THANKS SO MUCH, IT SOUNDS GREAT!

JENN
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Prego!

(I'm still pretty limited with my Italian, but I'm learning :) ) Tell me what you think of it!!

Also does anyone know what the name of that appetizer I described?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Mozzarrella in Carozza!!! Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Grazie Peter~
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Hmm thats a tuff signature!! peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Yes well, I don't want to be too soft and loveable. :wink: