WWI records for grandfather from Trabia, Sicily

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Re: WWI records for grandfather from Trabia, Sicily

Post by Marlena »

Thank you both, I have emailed the Centro Documentale di Palermo.
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

I received this document, I almost missed the email! Does is say it's for my grandfather , Giuseppe Rinella born in 1876 or just another Giuseppe Rinella? What is the reference 1880 about?
Thank you!
Marlene
Attachments
Sig Rinella Giuseppe Trabia (PA) 16.07.1876(1).pdf
(28.26 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The reference to Giuseppe Rinella refers to YOUR request.

The official is sorry to tell you that their archives and the state archives in Palermo do not hold the martriculation records for births prior to 1880.

T.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

How do I tell them I am not looking for birth, just his military record?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I will rephrase what T. already stated:
The official is sorry to tell you that their archives and the state archives in Palermo do not hold the military records for people born prior to 1880
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Sent him back their email with this message

Ciao Francesca Siragusa,
Da non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.

Hello Francesca Siragusa,
Since you do not have the records that match, you can provide the address of where records can be found?
While waiting for your response I send cordial greetings.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Post by Marlena »

Marty, Thanks so much!
nathalie297

Post by nathalie297 »

So great for these infos...