Our Trip to Italy - Advice Needed

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Our Trip to Italy - Advice Needed

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Hi Everyone! Happy Palm Sunday to all who celebrate!

We made our plans to visit Sicily and Italy for the end of June into July. We are doing a Perillo Tour again. We arrive in Palermo. While there we are visiting Monreale, Mondello, Selinute. We then travel to Agrigento, Piazza Armerina and Taormina. Then Mt. Etna and visit a local winery for a tour. On up to Messina and board the ferry and our next stop is Sorrento and Capri. We then visit Pompeii and then up to Rome. That is the end of the tour, but we are extending our visit with a trip to visit my relatives in Milano. They will be picking us up at the train station. So we are spending a few days with them before we head back home. My question is what to bring as gifts for my cousins. I have one great-aunt who is about 97. Then I have many other cousins. When they came here to visit me, they brought gifts for us. I need some ideas on what to bring for them that is not too expensive and is light to carry in our suitcases. The last time we visited I brought "Jersey Girl" tee shirts and "NJ Devils" tee shirts. I can't do that again. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Sue Antista
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Prousto

Re: Our Trip to Italy - Advice Needed

Post by Prousto »

What do your cousins like? It's easier to buy souvenirs when you have a slight idea of what they want to buy.