Music

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Music

Postby scorpione » 08 Jul 2006, 09:13

I feel guilty using this site so often, but I have never found such concise and meaningful information.May I trouble you all for another question the answer to which will make my wife very very happy. Can anybody give me the words and the meaning to that wonderful Italian song "Ce La Luna". Thank You all so much .
scorpione
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Music

Postby suanj » 08 Jul 2006, 15:26

C'è la luna: there is the moon
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby scorpione » 08 Jul 2006, 19:28

Thanks,Suanj. I really wanted the words to the whole song and the meaning of all the words . I know that is a lot to ask but I have looked all over and not been able to find it . My wife's grandfather sang her that song all the time but he has passed away.Perhaps somebody can give me the first 7 or 8 lines.I think it starts"Ce La luna ,mensa mare....They sang that song also in the movie The Godfather.. Thanks.
scorpione
Rookie
Rookie

Postby suanj » 08 Jul 2006, 19:32

You mean this txt song (in sicilian dialect and in english)

http://www.italiantexans.com/ce_la_luna.htm
??
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby nuccia » 29 Jul 2006, 08:46

Suanj,

Thanks for posting the link. I went to the site and was able to print the words (which I've always wanted to know myself) and found a few other things that were interesting...I didn't know that the colors of the Italian Flag represented Hope, Faith and Charity!

Nuccia :D
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Postby suanj » 29 Jul 2006, 13:42

Hi Nuccia, happy that this site is so helpful for you! the italian flag is a so great flag with this meanings! Kisses, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian History & Culture