Benedetto Cocozza

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Benedetto Cocozza

Postby suzie13 » 16 May 2007, 16:11

I am trying to find any information on my great grandfather Benedetto Cocozza he was born around 1854 and his father was Gennaro Cocozza a farmer. I do not know the region of Italy he was born but would appreciate any information
Thanks
suzie13

Re: Benedetto Cocozza

Postby suzie13 » 04 Jul 2009, 12:23

I still have not found out any further information on Benedetto Coccozzi. Thank you for anyone who has kindly tried to help
suzie13

Re: Benedetto Cocozza

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Jul 2009, 13:20

Dear Suzie the most prevalent spelling of the name is COCUZZI and even there,however, there is no BENEDETTO listed neither in the www.Castlegarden.org nor the www.ellisisland.org covering entries into the USQA from 1880 thru 1924 at NYC. It maybe that he entered the USA thru another port suc h as Boston, Philadelphia rather than NYC.

Do you have any information about where he came from in Italy no matter how trivial the information appears to be??

In the meantime I want you to read How to Do your own Italian Genealogy Research found at the following website. It is a short read.
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html

Please get back to us with any additonal information. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian History & Culture