*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Looking to hire GENEALOGIST in Calabria for Cerzeto

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Looking to hire GENEALOGIST in Calabria for Cerzeto

Postby JohnnyG » 04 May 2003, 13:58

Hello

Looking to hire someone to research living decendants of GERVINO and CAPARELLI.

Anyone have any suggestions

JohnnyG

Postby ptimber » 04 May 2003, 14:42

If you insist I can recommend an excellent person, an American professional who travels extensively thruout Sicily and southern Italy. She can be contacted at gentrace@gentracer.com and her website is www.gentracer.com/onsite.html. While I do not know her personally nor have I ever used her services she is well known in Italian genealogy cirlces. Her home base is Salt Lake City, Utah. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 04 May 2003, 14:56

Just to bring you up to snuff. There are 7 surnamed persons Caparelli in Cerzeto and there are no Gervino in Cerzeto but there are 13 in the province of Cosenza in which Cerzeto is located. If you go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Caparelli in the first line and Cerzeto in the third line and then click CERCA (in red) a listing of all the Caparelli's in Cerzeto by full name,address and telephone number will appear. If you wish to see the names and addresses and telephone numbers of the Gervino surnamed persons residing in the province Of Caserta then put in the surname GERVINO in the first line and CS in the third line and lcikc CERCA. This should give you a birds eye view of your family surnames there. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby JohnnyG » 04 May 2003, 22:01

Thanks alot I guess some of those folks dont have emails what do you think do they speak english?

John Gervino
JohnnyG

Postby ptimber » 05 May 2003, 00:26

No they do not speak english, however, since english is the second language in Italy and taught ijn the schools you could consider sending one generic letter to each person asking them if they are related to you or yoiur family. Perhaps there is a person or school where italian is taught and a school teacher or someone who is fluent in Italian language can write a generic letter which you can also mail to your people in Italy including a self addreessed envelope with a dollar inside each for them to purchase stamps to enbcourage a reply. if you go the english letter route then please make the english VERY SIMPLE..like my name is...., I am the son of and the grandson of..... They are from..... etc etc etc. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking to hire GENEALOGIST in Calabria for Cerzeto

Postby raviolis » 13 May 2007, 03:12

This is a very interesting post. Is there anyone on this forum who can translate a good generic letter like the one mentioned. I have been wanting to do this sort of thing, but since I don't really know the Italian language at all, I haven't attempted it yet. I could write up an English one if someone could translate it to Italian. Any takers??
raviolis

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian History & Culture