Jewish Surnames

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
patryklenard

Re: Jewish Surnames

Post by patryklenard »

I found more information about Jews on this blog: http://stop-nazi.org/
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Spain recently advertised that persons with Sephardic jewish names who had ties to Spain could regain their Spanish citizenship and thereby UE citizenship as well. Since so many jews in Spain fled to the Spanish colonies (Italy was a spanish colony from 1559-1713) many fled to Sicily and Southern Italy as well as northern Europe and western hemisphere colonies in Central and south America. So If you have a jdewish Sephardic name you might obtain a European union passport and citizenship in one fell swoop!!!!!!!
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

~Peter~
JunitaGaulke

Post by JunitaGaulke »

that is common...buddy..
hair lossing is so painful to me...luckily i got some stuff to deal with it..

http://en.paulglamhair.com/
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Please clarify. What does your phrase "common" relate to? Peter
~Peter~
lomaryunk123

Post by lomaryunk123 »

They are many surnames and few of them are follows.

Hebrew-language surnames‎
Kohenitic
Levitic
Sephardic
Yiddish
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I want to clarify some misunderstanding I read above concerning not only about the Jews and the inquisition but also even some of the History of Italy and Spain. Spain exiled all jews from Spain BUT NOT ITS COLONIES in 1492 who would not convert to Christianity. The Spanish inquisition forced many jews to move to the New World in South America as well as to Sicily and parts of Italy. In 1550 Spain ruled most of Italy until 1713 and the inquisition commenced during that period in Italy forcing many Jews to once again flee North and to Greece, the Balkans . Peter
~Peter~
Milesi

Post by Milesi »

Dear Sirs,

Ive got fascinated by this topic of Jewish surnames and would like to know if Milesi is a Jewish name or surname?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot