ITALIAN FESTIVALS AND ITALIAN TRADITIONS & FOLKLORE

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

ITALIAN FESTIVALS AND ITALIAN TRADITIONS & FOLKLORE

Postby nursino » 06 Feb 2008, 10:53

Hello Again Friends,

I recently registered 2 Webpages; italianamericantraditions.com and italianamericanfestivals.com. If anyone would like to contribute any memories of Italian Traditions that they remember or practice today please send an e-mail with your memories to:
nursino@italianamericantraditions.com

or if you know of any Italian Festivals both in the U.S. or Italy, please e-mail any information that you have about these Festivals to:
nursino@italianamericanfestivals.com

For some reason the e-mail addresses that I have given you show spaces between the name and domain when viewed on this Page, please make sure that when you send e-mails that the e-mail address is one comlete address with NO SPACES!!!

When I get enough information to get these sites up and running I will let everyone know and hopefully we'll have a couple of Websites that everyone can enjoy visiting.

Thanks for your input, hope to receive tons of e-mails with your information!!

Saluti da South Philadelphia,
John Monzo
nursino

Re: ITALIAN FESTIVALS AND ITALIAN TRADITIONS & FOLKLORE

Postby johnlabarbera » 20 Feb 2008, 11:48

The spaces are inserted to protect from spammers!
johnlabarbera
Veteran
Veteran

Postby johnlabarbera » 20 Feb 2008, 11:51

This is what I get when I try to access website italianamericantradtions

Why does my domain's home page say "This domain has just been registered by a 1&1 Internet customer"?

You are seeing this page when you visit your domain (www.yourdomain.com) because you have not yet replaced the temporary web page which was created for you when you signed up for your 1&1 Internet domain or web hosting package. This page/file is called "index.html" and can be overwritten or replaced with a page you create using one of our site building tools or your own site building software depending on whether you purchased a 1&1 Internet domain name only package or a 1&1 web hosting package.

Why have we placed this temporary page for you?

If your site does not include an index.html page/file (either your placeholder "Under Construction" page or a home page you created yourself), your site visitors will receive a "Page not Found" error when viewing your domain. If the temporary page on this domain is currently visible, it also means DNS name pointing has been successful and you are ready to begin building your site!

Important: By default, the first page you'll see when you visit your domain name is "index.html"

What to do next?

In order for a visitor to see your web site at your domain, your site must include a file called "index.html." Files called "page1.html" or "home.html" or "default.html" for example, will NOT appear as your primary page when visitors arrive. You should rename it index.html for it to be visible as your site's default home page.

NOTE: Web page file names are case sensitive. Your home page needs to be named "index.html" but "Index.html" or "INDEX.html," for example, will not be shown when someone visits your web address. Also, be sure your file includes the extension .html. If your file name ends with .htm, you may need to resave it as an .html file.
johnlabarbera
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Poipuo4 » 20 Feb 2008, 16:58

Hey, John, I think all that means is that this fellow has not put his web page up yet. He must still be working on it.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Postby johnlabarbera » 20 Feb 2008, 17:42

i see now he is still waiting for info....
johnlabarbera
Veteran
Veteran

Postby nursino » 02 Mar 2008, 09:52

Hello Again,

Thanks for the info about why the e-mail address shows up with spaces. Also, the Webpages are still in the beginning stages, I am gathering all of the info that I have been receiving and still getting everything together. That is why the Pages are not up and running yet. I want to make sure that they are well done and will hopefully be an enjoyable Page to visit once they are completed. As soon as they are finished I will let everyone know. In the meantime, anyone with any stories to share, please get in touch.

Thanks Again,
John
nursino

Postby BSyler » 05 Mar 2008, 16:10

I am most interested in history of Cefala Diana, Marineo and Palermo.
I was told that a Great Grand Uncle fought with Giuseppe Guirabaldi and that after the war he went on to write a book about the experience and he became a teacher in Cefala Diana. I wish I could prove this bit of information. How can I? His name was Vincenzo DiMarco born 10/24/1838 in Cefala Diana outside of Palermo.
His father was Santo DiMarco his mother was Maria Giuseppa Farrera.
His Grandfather was Giovanni DiMarco his mother was Pasqua Bellavia
They it looks like were born in Marineo ?
My next fact in history I wish to prove is that I have a photo of MY GRANDFATHER Santo DiMarco grandson of Santo & MAria G. Farrera was in the Italian Calvery, how can I find out his rank and participation in the Army?
Last of all how do I secure a photo from my grandmothers passport when she left Naples for the U.S. Her name was Rosina DiStefano Cefala Diana
BSyler

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian History & Culture