Certificato di stato di famiglia storico

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
Elvia
Rookie
Rookie

Certificato di stato di famiglia storico

Post by Elvia »

I have recently wrote to Ufficio Anagrafe from the Comune di Lucca and in reply they have found the ancestors such as the Brunicardi from my father's mother's side. I am wondering how much does it cost normally for requesting certificato di stato di famiglia storico? I am surprised of how much they want and they don't specify what they have found exactly but it is from the year 1866 to 1909.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Certificato di stato di famiglia storico

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Elvia

There was discussion on this thread and typical costs were listed
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =8712.html

You have a 40 year span so that could mean alot of relatives were found. Hope this helps.
Elvia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Elvia »

Hi Elizabeth,

Since it has been quite hard to finding any information on father's side, I am quite happy they found any information. As you stated it is a 40 year span which is quite alot. They haven't specified on how many people they found, should they have been more specific on what their charges are or should I take it as what they have stated? They are also charging 14.62 for delivery which leads me to believe there is alot of documents I will be looking at. Since I have never seen what a famiglia storico would look like. Are they photocopied documents or will they just transcribe it in a letter form.
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

Typically they are an extract of a family. In my opinion they have very little information other than dates of birth for theparents and their children. Here is what one looks like:

Storico di famiglia

They are typed out almost always and present the family unit. As you can see they can be disappointing, especially due to the heavy cost.

What is of far more use and contains much more information is what is called the Anagrafe. I have two of these, for two different towns:

Anagrafe Antonino Marciano Carini (PA)

This document I obtained personally on my visit to the comune.

Jim
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

If the Anagrafe is the one to request, is that what I would request? The Anagraft document or what?

Sorry, just a little thick this morning. This would be requested at the local Anagrafe office and not the Stato Civile?

What would be the approximate cost?

lilbees
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

In my research I have learned that each town organizes it's records as it pleases. Some towns have 10 year alphabetical indexes, making it easy to pullout family groups on request. Others keep updating the various census, with families in page form (like James 'anagrafe'). Others have an alphbetical listing of citizens that shows birth, marriage and death details, but to pull out family members requires a lengthy search.
Occasionally when I have requested a search without a date the charge is 5 euro for each certificate, and they won't look for anyone for whom I don't have a name.
Asking for a 3-4 generation search can be very time consuming for the very busy Anagrafe office. It's doubtful they have photocopied the records for you but have likely prepared the official certificates that require a signature and stamp (more time).
Just so you know, the 'anagrafe' is the Italian word for the record-keeping department of the town hall.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.