*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Latin Text script

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Latin Text script

Postby Gerald41 » 11 Feb 2009, 11:34

I am trying to find someone who can read an old 1828 Hungarian census record in Latin script. I am looking for the name of a town or area in Germany that these few families emigrated in 1785. Actually only the first 4 or 5 lines is all that is need. Contact me and I will send the Latin script.

Gerald Kisabeth
Canton, Michiga USA
Gerald41

Re: Latin Text script

Postby Lucap » 11 Feb 2009, 11:45

You can post the picture in the forum and we'll try to transcribe it, or if you have the text we'll provide a translation.

Luca
Lucap
Master
Master

Postby Gerald41 » 11 Feb 2009, 12:34

In this Latin script, I am looking for a specific location that these German families emigrated to the new village in Hungary called Ujvencsello. The date was 1785 and they were brought in as serfs from the landowner Samuel Dessewffy who is mentioned in line 2. The location would be an area such as Swabia, Bavaria, Alsec-Lorraine etc.... or a town such as Stuggart or county like Wuertemberg-Baden and would likley show in the lines around the 1785 date.
Also I am looking for a number of families that were brought in. I was told from 14 to 30 to 40 families.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thabks,
Gerald KIsabeth
Canton, Michigan USA
Gerald41

Postby PeterTimber » 11 Feb 2009, 18:18

Since there are only a few lines and inthe event there are no takers for your translation you can go to www.italatin.com/latin.html and click on the professional translations link. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby Lucap » 11 Feb 2009, 18:44

Sorry, but i can't help you (the picture is of a low quality and the names are too different from italian for me).
L.
Lucap
Master
Master

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations