Translation English to Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Vivian
Rookie
Rookie

Translation English to Italian

Postby Vivian » 13 Feb 2009, 21:08

Is there a great online resource to translate an English letter into Italian? When sending a letter to Italy is it best to translate the document into Italian and also write the English words below? I thought that it might be helpful just in case the translatation is incorrect and/or the recepient speaks and reads English. I wouldn't want the letter to be misinterpreted? Thank you, Vivian

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translation English to Italian

Postby elba » 13 Feb 2009, 22:26

It very much depends on the type of letter you wish to send Vivian.

If it is a standard 'certificate search request' then there are several sites where you can find form letters for this. If you look through the translation threads here you will find a number of links to these sites.

If you are looking for the translation of a 'personal' letter then that is another matter. You could post it here for one of of the Italian translators to translate. Or you could contact a translator yourself, or as a last resort (NOT[u] advisable) you could use an electronic translator - which are notorious for mis-translations!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"

Vivian
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation English to Italian

Postby Vivian » 14 Feb 2009, 00:03

Elba, I would like to send a personal letter and your reply was just what I was looking for, thank you. Vivian

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”