Translation English to Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Translation English to Italian

Postby Vivian » 13 Feb 2009, 22:08

Is there a great online resource to translate an English letter into Italian? When sending a letter to Italy is it best to translate the document into Italian and also write the English words below? I thought that it might be helpful just in case the translatation is incorrect and/or the recepient speaks and reads English. I wouldn't want the letter to be misinterpreted? Thank you, Vivian
Vivian
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation English to Italian

Postby elba » 13 Feb 2009, 23:26

It very much depends on the type of letter you wish to send Vivian.

If it is a standard 'certificate search request' then there are several sites where you can find form letters for this. If you look through the translation threads here you will find a number of links to these sites.

If you are looking for the translation of a 'personal' letter then that is another matter. You could post it here for one of of the Italian translators to translate. Or you could contact a translator yourself, or as a last resort (NOT[u] advisable) you could use an electronic translator - which are notorious for mis-translations!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translation English to Italian

Postby Vivian » 14 Feb 2009, 01:03

Elba, I would like to send a personal letter and your reply was just what I was looking for, thank you. Vivian
Vivian
Rookie
Rookie

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations