death record, residence unreadable

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Re: death record, residence unreadable

Post by donnawright »

I think John is right--the last letter is an "E" based on other examples in there. Chris, I think you are right about the semicolon.

The town in question is in the 6th line from the bottom and is written as two words. Look at the line above it at the left margin. I think it's the same town written together as one word.

In summary, you have a three-word town listed two ways. One is Sanseverino + Marche (line 6 from bottom) and the other is SanseverinoMarche (line 7 from bottom). This is from someone who has never had to do this yet and knows nothing about these forms.... just what I see and getting practice.

Donna
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

The town is almost certainly San Severino Marche.. here is the town's official site:

>San Severino Marche<

>Map<
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

I hope it is San Severino Marche, Looking at it closer it does seems like the word ends with an e where it just loops back unlike the other T's in the document were they have a second line going back and forth to make the T, I'm Thinking that they might have written SanSeverino together as one word, I'm praying it is other wise I have no clue what it could be. I've looked through both links and could not find a closer match. I've sent an e-mail and I will also send a letter to them, once again thank you very very very very much for all the help!!!
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

And, Chris, I don't know a lick of Italian and have never yet seen one of these documents, but do you see where "H"s have a cross through them -- sort of like the cross some people put through the number 7? The examples in question also have this "cross" through the H in Marche.

Donna
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

well I got a responce from San severino Marche and it doesn't look good. here is the responce, which I translated roughly to unknowns in our records

Sconosciuti ai nostri atti
Giovanni Giuliani

this is the email I've sent
Me chiamo Christopher MOSCA, Cerco delle informazioni dei Pacifico MOSCA e Marianna CECANTI.
Suo figlio Salvatore MOSCA era nato a cingoli intorno a 1842-45 ed è morto in 1895 nel treia. Cerco delle informazioni di quando Pacifico e Marianna sono morti.
Il Treia e Cingoli non ha a registrazione di Pacifico e di Marianna muore nel treia. Lei potrebbe potere dirmi se Pacifico è Marianna morto nel San Severino Marche intorno a 1870-1910?
Ringraziarla molto, se devo inviare il denaro fatemi sapere dove inviarlo a.

Cordiali Saluti
Christopher Mosca
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).