Is this a military document?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Is this a military document?

Postby Tomil42 » 02 Mar 2009, 18:26

I have a document which says, "Regio Esercito Italiado" and 3 Reggimento Fanteria" on the 2nd page of the document, with dates 1886 to 1909 there are sections for " State civile, contrassegni personali, arte e grdo d'instruzione, arruolamento e prima venuta alle armi, trasferimenti di corpo durante il servizio e data dell ultimo grado"

If this pertains to the military, can anyone tell me more?

Thank you!
Tomil42
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Is this a military document?

Postby PeterTimber » 02 Mar 2009, 19:52

It looks like it is part of an Italian soldier army record. If you know tyo whom it relates and their town of oriign or province, you can obtain the full record;be it conscription, service in peace or war record, campaigns, medals, wounds and/or discharge information. The only prerequisite is that the record is made public after 75 years. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby Tomil42 » 02 Mar 2009, 20:37

This confirms what I thought about the document. I have a photograph of a man in a military uniform and the document was also found in the same house. I believe they go together now - dates seem to work.
Thanks for the help.
Tomi
Tomil42
Rookie
Rookie

Postby nazca » 04 Mar 2009, 20:00

Hi,
if the first page of the document is like the abobe sheet is a " Foglio di Congedo assoluto" or "certificate of discharge"

best regards
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
nazca
Elite
Elite

Postby Tomil42 » 04 Mar 2009, 22:25

Yes, thank you - I have two documents and one does look just like the one you have posted.
Tomil42
Rookie
Rookie

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations